• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Mechanic Needed - Central NJ

Rescue6x6

Hello all,

I have been searching for a reliable mechanic that has knowledge to work on a M35A2 Forest Fire Truck and figured I should ask here since you guys are the experts.

Looking for someone with familiarity of the vehicles & knowledge of the drivetrain/brake/air & ancillary systems for routine future work.

Reliability is a must! Please post any suggestions and I will contact.

Loc: Central NJ

Thanks a mil!

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Well, to own and operate these trucks you will eventually become a "self proclaimed deuce mechanic". From experience and reading the posts contained with this website, you'll gain a ton of knowledge to tackle issues that arise. TM's/threads will serve as your educator. Though there may be some true Mechanics, most of us fit the self-proclaimed deuce mechanic category;-)

SGT Estum

If you want to have someone "go though" your new-to-you truck, that's exactly what the PMCS section of the TM is for. I would advise downloading the TMs and conducting a full PMCS. You'll not only "go through" the truck yourself, you'll also learn a lot along the way.

Rescue6x6

Thanks guys. This is for FD, not personal use and I really do not have the tools or resources to do this kind of work myself. I will reach out to Dave to see if he is interested.

SrJeeper can you post or email me his contact info?

Jersey4x4

I also work on them in my shop. I end up with Forest fire section C trucks allot. I also keep quite a few parts in stock for these also. If you get stuck, let me know

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks