• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Mechanic Needed - Central NJ

Rescue6x6

Hello all,

I have been searching for a reliable mechanic that has knowledge to work on a M35A2 Forest Fire Truck and figured I should ask here since you guys are the experts.

Looking for someone with familiarity of the vehicles & knowledge of the drivetrain/brake/air & ancillary systems for routine future work.

Reliability is a must! Please post any suggestions and I will contact.

Loc: Central NJ

Thanks a mil!

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Well, to own and operate these trucks you will eventually become a "self proclaimed deuce mechanic". From experience and reading the posts contained with this website, you'll gain a ton of knowledge to tackle issues that arise. TM's/threads will serve as your educator. Though there may be some true Mechanics, most of us fit the self-proclaimed deuce mechanic category;-)

SGT Estum

If you want to have someone "go though" your new-to-you truck, that's exactly what the PMCS section of the TM is for. I would advise downloading the TMs and conducting a full PMCS. You'll not only "go through" the truck yourself, you'll also learn a lot along the way.

Rescue6x6

Thanks guys. This is for FD, not personal use and I really do not have the tools or resources to do this kind of work myself. I will reach out to Dave to see if he is interested.

SrJeeper can you post or email me his contact info?

Jersey4x4

I also work on them in my shop. I end up with Forest fire section C trucks allot. I also keep quite a few parts in stock for these also. If you get stuck, let me know