• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 rocker panel repair

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So we are in the process of installing a iron phosphate system along with a powder coating batch system and we have a liquid spray booth. So what you mentioned could be an option at CMD.

Guy
Sounds good! ... for the phosphatizing at least. Regarding powder coatings, some (or most) are terrible, if you had to MIG-weld those pieces together - which obviously is the case here. But I know that you know that...;)

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
Good afternoon. I wanted to give everyone that is interested in the rocker panels a heads up. I'm leaving for the Graves' Mountain MV ride on Thursday and over the next two weeks I'm traveling for work. I'll get back on this when I return and we'll get a full sample of the parts. I had a M35 1/2 mile from my house that has now disappeared so I will want to send a sample part to someone to test fit.

Guy

HDN

I had a M35 1/2 mile from my house that has now disappeared so I will want to send a sample part to someone to test fit.
I think I found the next vehicle for your collection :p

The M39 and M809 5-tons should have the same rocker panels, so if you can find someone nearby with one of those that'll help.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm almost sure the M939-series have the same, also...
I've just confirmed this! After some digging in my "junk-pile" and measuring a cut-up M939 cab, I can assure that the M35 rocker panel replacement parts in question will work for all three of the 5-ton series, as well.
Dimensions are exactly the same as shown in my drawing, here...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks