• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35 roof cap

Avn-Tech

Tukrhum,

When I picked up my second deuce this week, I discovered that the hardtop is cruched in. I think what I am going to do, is to cut out the center (damaged area) and have a canvas cover made that I can remove. That way I get the best part of the hard top and the benifits of a soft top as well.

Laterrrrrr
Avn-Tech

dabtl

For about $110 at Northern Tool you can get a hydraulic ram kit that will work wonders on bent MV steel.

I find it extremely versatile and handy.

art

Look, It's real easy,,,,
Take off the top, lay it on the grass, jump up & down -it will pop out. (Thank you Warren!)

If you want a better job:
Take out the bracing & straighten it out, get new peg board from mega-hardware and if you need better insulation use the foam sleeping mats.
After you pop the dent out, beat it with a block of wood and a rubber mallet.

No biggie, they all are dented on the top. Some more than others.
See me in Aberdeen (L,M 1/2), I'll show you my hard top.

Did I say I love my hard top? It's quiet, warm, less leaks & looks nice.
Art

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OR, you can cut a 5' piece of metal 3/4" conduit. Drill 4 holes in it, and the roof brace. That will keep it from popping back down.

Attachments

Avn-Tech

Parker2,

I was talking about doing that to my M109, that has a caved in roof a couple of days ago.

I am thinking about cutting out all but about 3-4 inches of the damaged top out, and making a support ring. then making a vynal/Canvas peice that covers the opening. On nice days, I can open the top up like a sun roof.

Laterrrr
Avn-Tech