• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35 roof cap

Avn-Tech

Tukrhum,

When I picked up my second deuce this week, I discovered that the hardtop is cruched in. I think what I am going to do, is to cut out the center (damaged area) and have a canvas cover made that I can remove. That way I get the best part of the hard top and the benifits of a soft top as well.

Laterrrrrr
Avn-Tech

dabtl

For about $110 at Northern Tool you can get a hydraulic ram kit that will work wonders on bent MV steel.

I find it extremely versatile and handy.

art

Look, It's real easy,,,,
Take off the top, lay it on the grass, jump up & down -it will pop out. (Thank you Warren!)

If you want a better job:
Take out the bracing & straighten it out, get new peg board from mega-hardware and if you need better insulation use the foam sleeping mats.
After you pop the dent out, beat it with a block of wood and a rubber mallet.

No biggie, they all are dented on the top. Some more than others.
See me in Aberdeen (L,M 1/2), I'll show you my hard top.

Did I say I love my hard top? It's quiet, warm, less leaks & looks nice.
Art

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OR, you can cut a 5' piece of metal 3/4" conduit. Drill 4 holes in it, and the roof brace. That will keep it from popping back down.

Attachments

Avn-Tech

Parker2,

I was talking about doing that to my M109, that has a caved in roof a couple of days ago.

I am thinking about cutting out all but about 3-4 inches of the damaged top out, and making a support ring. then making a vynal/Canvas peice that covers the opening. On nice days, I can open the top up like a sun roof.

Laterrrr
Avn-Tech

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks