• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2-3 Fuel Pump, Deal or no deal..?

DEAL OR NO DEAL....?

• Total voters

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanted an honest opinion on this fuel pump. I found a source for $50.00 each. There is a comparison picture to the standard pump. I like the bigger pick up area with the stainless steel mesh. Looks like a plug and play to me.

Attachments

shenkmen

I wanted an honest opinion on this fuel pump. I found a source for $50.00 each. There is a comparison picture to the standard pump. I like the bigger pick up area with the stainless steel mesh. Looks like a plug and play to me.
I bought one as a backup.

Pics 1, 3 and 6 show a white button on the top of the pickup base. That is a filter (stainless steel mesh) bypass. If I use mine the bypass will be plugged and/or sealed. If my mesh get's clogged I don't want the junk to get through.

I'm unsure about what to do with the cut white wire which the seller states is a ground. Tomorrow I'll check for continuity between the two wire connectors on the top.

paulfarber

I have one.

Its not a perfect fit.. its about 1/4 inch smaller at the top.

Works fine, and other than having to make a 'filler' its a good pump.

Just be careful when you take the 24V connector off the old pump.... try not to bend the 'ears' that have to line up to keep in in place.

At $50 they are a steal.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not done anything yet. Still waiting for shipment. Thats why I put it out there to see if anyone else got one of these and what the general consensus is..? Thats all.

m816

We found a manufacture for the Military ones and the pump alone costs $200. So, Yes it looks like a good deal to me.

willy

I have bought one from a company making these pump for the military for $50.00
so $200.00 is not a good deal
Willy
Oh well I made a mistake 50.00 is a ok deal

Last edited:

JasonS

You can adapt the electical connector from the $50 pump to your old wire. Transfer the metal ring around rubber damper from the old pump to the new and it drops right in.

guns1977

Well how is the pump holding up? Mine is getting weak on my deuce and need to think about getting one before I get stranded.
Thanks

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just double checking, this is pretty much a plug and play for the M35A2? I have one on a watch list.
JC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks