• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 air filter swap

m715

I want to make space under my hood. Will a fender mount 5 ton air filter swap on to my m35? Does anyone have a pic if this has already been done? I want to install an oil spinner .if I remove the stock filter I will have the room I need. thanks mark.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A fellow SS member "Tracer" has this exact modification on his deuce. He's out of the country right now but his avatar is his truck. Do a search. BTW, I have a take off 5-ton air cleaner housing and brackets if you need them. Has a bit of cancer along the bottom but nothing you can't fix easily or just leave as is.

treva2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm installing a 500HP Cummins in my deuce. I figured I would need a lot of air flow for that HP so I bought a 5 ton air filter housing. It uses 5" in and out duct. I just found a 5" rain cap but for the multifuel it will be easy to adapt the stock rain cap.

m715

thanks for the pics,but thats not the filter I was thinking of. I am not sure now where I saw the one I am looking for. I have a m54 wrecker with the lds4651a with the c turbo here I put on my m35 but not what I want.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M715, the one you want is off the 5-ton multi-fuel. Search google for M543A2 wrecker pics. I will respond to your PM after I check to make sure i have all the parts you need.

m715

I put my hood and mud flaps back on.I washed the canvass seat cover and am working on a driver seat. I am posting a few pics,not sure what this turbo is.IMG_3691.jpgIMG_3708.jpgIMG_3707.jpgIMG_3706.jpgIMG_3705.jpgIMG_3702.jpgIMG_3701.jpgIMG_3698.jpgIMG_3693.jpgIMG_3709.jpg

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have most of the parts you need for the air cleaner mod. PM sent.

Last edited:

m715

Bigmike will you post a pic of what you have here? Thanks for taking time to look for them.I have searched for a pic and still have not found it.the filter I am looking for stands upright instead of laying on its side,best way I can say it.Thanks mark.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stands upright? Hum, the one I have sits horizontal on the fender. I'm now not sure what you want. It's out on the fender and sits upright?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M35A3 is the one I want on my truck. Can that filter be fitted to my m35a2?
Aha! Now we're getting somewhere. I don't have an m35a3 air cleaner for you. There are several M35A3 owners on this site who can answer your questions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks