• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 and M105 trailer from Dallas to Houston

sidel2426

I need to get my m35a2 and trailer from duncanville, TX to Houston. It's currently on my in-laws property so I'm not in a big hurry. I'm hoping someone could get it on a back haul. The truck runs and drives fine so no winch needed for loading. I was offered the use of a tow bar by another member if someone has another truck that could tow it. If anyone can help or point me in the right direction please let me.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
250 miles is a nice days drive.

3dAngus

Why not just ride down there in your motorcycle and drive it back with the motorcycle in the trailer?
Could be done in one day.

sidel2426

My oil pan has a small hole in it plus a lot of the tires have dry rot. Most people on here recommend not driving them until everything can be checked out. I don't live in Dallas so my time is very limited to work on it. I figure it would be best to transport it.

3dAngus

If tires are that bad, you sure as heck don't want a friend to dead tow it. It need be carried if you won't drive it. About $3 per mile. Sorry, but true.

Also, have you got a new oil pan and gasket yet? It might be a good idea to have it ready in case someone looks at it over there and elects to drive it for you. If it were me, I would like to have that option upon inspection. Good luck. I hope it works out for ya.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks