• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 converting to super singles

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think adjusting caster is part of the singling out process.
When I switched from stock to 15.5's, I had to fight to keep the truck in it's lane at highway speeds, very stressful way to drive. After reversing the spring seat, it was MUCH better.

You don't notice it as much at lower speeds, so I suppose it depends on how much/where you drive.

I'm going back to dualies, but bigger dualies, I don't know what it'll be like.

JJm35a2

I'm interested in swapping my deuce to super singles. I found a couple sites for adapters and wheels. Didn't know if they are the right things for what i need. I don't mind if wheels are scuffed up because I'll end up getting the sandblasted and powder coated. And i need to know what else I'll need to complete the swap. If anyone has feed back or information it would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some sites i found for wheel adapters and wheels:

Are these plates 3/8" or 1/2" thickness and was the chamfer correct on the bolt holes.
Thanks

Dieselfitter

If you plan on hauling any weight up hills. You may want to stick with 395’s or a smaller option . The extra gear you get through a bigger tire make all the gear jump from 3rd to 4th a bigger problem ,
driving a mild load or empty truck isnt not an issue .
i run 395’s on a bobber dump , hauling logs or gravel 3-4 tons up local hills is a 3 rd gear only climb knowing that a shift to 4th will only bog the truck down to point of downshifting . My truck is not turned up for power but the fdc game me a lil low end power you can feel .
a 6x6 will be effected more with extra axle leaning on what power your truck makes

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks