• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Hillbilly Trailer?

jh1990

Prolly most of us have thought of this at one time or another. When I get a XLWB M809 to convert into a motorhome, whether it's a -14 or a -20, I want to mount the old body on a pair of 5 Ton trailer axles with a new frame and a semi-permanently mounted set of drawbars. Of course, I'd have gone with Battleship Gray if I'd had my druthers, RidgeRunner.

Serious technical question, with a cargo bed rigged up as a trailer like this, is there an easy way to make it a dump bed for materials while leaving it hitched to the tow rig, or better yet, drop the rear on the ground so a car or small truck could be driven (or winched) up into the bed like a redneck RORO?

And this is redneck engineering par excellence.
i agree, great looking trailer, and as far as the dump bed goes i believe a good while back a member here was building a trailer out of a deuce chassis and thru the words of others was trying to make it a dump and a powered unit. he was planning on running a drive shaft from the rear output flange on his deuce to the trailer axles so it'd be able to push and pull itself

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks