• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 in tank fuel pump in a M818 tank.

jrobinson5093

I have been trying to run WMO in my M818. It runs fine, other than the slight haze of smoke. But I did find that the factory fuel system cant pump the thick oil. So I pulled the fuel pump out of my M35a2 and put it in my M818s drivers side fuel tank. I dont use the left side so Im not gonna bother with it. I had to lower the pump one screw hole on the holder, and put a longer hose on it. I used a small pipe plug to seal off the return on the m35a2 pump. I run the power from the OFF/ON/START switch, to power the pump when the switch is on. It runs fine so far, no power increase that I can tell. It should help when changing the fuel filter to prime the system.

Attachments

jrobinson5093

I have thinned it before and it would run fine. I just really wanted to give it the ability to run 100% if needed. I plan to do the dual fuel line mod to the truck also. I plan to do other upgrades as well so adding a fuel pump will just help.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just REMEMBER that the CUMMINS ip DOES NOT like crap run through it, no matter how great a filter system it goes though first, A Cummins engine is NOT a multifuel, running wmo WILL cause cokeing and accelerated ware of the ip, valve seats and guides, and load up the muffler.

jrobinson5093

I have been driving the truck for a couple of days now, and the difference is noticeable. It starts faster, runs smoother, and now I can run 50 with out any problems. I ran some straight diesel through it today and I cant tell the difference between WMO and diesel(except the smell). I would advise any one who wants to add a lift pump and make it look kinda factory to put one of these pumps in the tank.

jrobinson5093

Well I have discovered a leak around the throttle shaft. I believe that might be why it has been hard to start before the pump install. Does any one have a good source for a seal kit for the PT pump?

jrobinson5093

Yes, it is still running well. I dont drive it as much right now because of the heat, but I have not had any problems. This is off topic but I blew the muffler out so I cut it out. I put in 4 inch pipe with a 6 inch stack. It is stupid loud.

ross165123

So you are still running a 50/50 mix of wmo and diesel with no mods other then the m35 fuel pump, I'll be trying the same once I get the truck in good running condition.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks