• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 in tank fuel pump

pigpen60

I have suspected I have a dead in tank fuel pump since I got my deuce and when I changed the fuel filters it was confirmed. I replace it with an airtex E8131 inline fuel pump from Rock Auto for 35 shipped. I had been having a hard start/no start problem if its remotely cool, after the pump install it starts quicker and in cool weather it just starts. Looking forward to cold weather to see how it does then.

winfred

the surplus parker with red on it aircraft pump is almost exactly the same unit, i think the price ranges in the 60-70 area when i got mine, the one i got i don't think it had ever touched fuel but was listed as used, yea the others are like 400, looks like they've gone up to 75 plus s/h, i stole this image of the one i am talking about as we cant link a active auction and a image will last on the sight longer then posting a completed listing for future searchers
pump.jpg

FloridaAKM

That is the exact spare I got from the auction site for about $60.00 a few years ago. I would use it rather than plumb in another type of pump. The difference is that you have already made the switch over. Have you checked the pressure that the new intank pump provides? It should be about 5 - 8 psi IIRC.

rustystud

That is the exact spare I got from the auction site for about $60.00 a few years ago. I would use it rather than plumb in another type of pump. The difference is that you have already made the switch over. Have you checked the pressure that the new intank pump provides? It should be about 5 - 8 psi IIRC.
I have a brand new "Olympus" Pump in my right tank and the "Parker" ( barely used ) I bought on eBay in my left tank. The only difference is the Parker is so much more quite then the Olympus one. I can hear the Olympus running standing by the fuel tank, but I need to remove the fuel cap and put my ear to the tank to hear the Parker running.

rustystud

Maybe it's just that your hearing is better on your left side...

Actually I'm deaf in my left ear due to my time in the Marine Corp (they call it rifleman's ear) and working in heavy equipment shops. The final straw for my ear was when this knucklehead in the stall next to me cut loose with the 1" impact when I was working on the articulation hydraulics on this 60 foot bus. He never said "watch your ears" which is what your suppose to say to warn the other mechanics around you. Instead I just heard this tremendous blast of sound. I was only three feet away when he did this. My hearing went away and never came back. Just this stupid ringing all the time. Since my hearing was already compromised before from the Marines I was never compensated for the loss.

pigpen60

Been tonedeaf since my early teens and have had the worst case of cicadas since about the same time. Use to drive folks nuts when I was in production I couldnt hear some of the alarms and they would drive the other folks bonkers.

rustystud

Been tonedeaf since my early teens and have had the worst case of cicadas since about the same time. Use to drive folks nuts when I was in production I couldnt hear some of the alarms and they would drive the other folks bonkers.
My wife has to set on my right side at church if she wants to whisper in my ear. Also I do all the driving since I cannot hear her when she drives.

hotrod duece

I just put a E8131 in line pump in an old duece water truck, but can't get it to stop sucking air. Are you still pulling from the top of the tank and where did you mount the pump? Thanks

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just put a E8131 in line pump in an old duece water truck, but can't get it to stop sucking air. Are you still pulling from the top of the tank and where did you mount the pump? Thanks
The in-tank pump has a rubber hose that connects it to the fitting at the top. That rubber hose is probably deteriorated and leaking. You'll need to remove the top plate on the tank where the in-tank pump is located and investigate. You might even be able to fix your in-tank pump while you're in there.
Also, where the wire for the in-tank pump attaches to the top of the tank, there's a fuse under the little cover. A new fuse might get your original pump going again.

hotrod duece

The in-tank pump has a rubber hose that connects it to the fitting at the top. That rubber hose is probably deteriorated and leaking. You'll need to remove the top plate on the tank where the in-tank pump is located and investigate. You might even be able to fix your in-tank pump while you're in there.
Also, where the wire for the in-tank pump attaches to the top of the tank, there's a fuse under the little cover. A new fuse might get your original pump going again.
Thanks, I pulled the old pump out and replaced the rubber lines with steel. Got it working with no load, but started sucking air with a load. It's wanting more fuel than an inline pump can handle, just going to get a good pump and put it back in the tank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks