• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 injection pump install

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I PMed my number to you. You should have called!

In the pics you posted, the injector lines looked all bent up. can you post a pic of them? I might recommend different ones if bent out of shape.

Caseymikl

Haven't finished the pump yet. Gonna clean out the lines, and I'm going to be replacing all the fuel filters and draining the tank. Also got the title today, found out it was last owned by the city that I live in and was used by the police department. Pretty neat.

Caseymikl

Those do help! Thanks. Where do the lines coming off the 2 filters go? I have the overflow for the injectors in the right place. Then there's the 2 lines coming off the filters. The one closest to the cab and the one closest to the radiator.

Caseymikl

Anyone by chance know what that red fuel could be? I drained it into a 5 gallon bucket about 5 1/2 times. Drained straight out the bottom of the tank. Gonna put a couple gallons of diesel in the tank and flip power on to pump it through and clean all that stuff out of the lines.

Caseymikl

Also have another question. The screw in looking plug on the passenger side behind the door? I assume that would be for trailer lights or something? All the way on the cab about half way up the door. Right under the grab handle in the pic with the red fuel

Caseymikl

Found a guy locally with a set of 10 A2 take offs for $300. Might go look at them and see if they are in better shape than mine. Said they were on his A2 that he drove on the street till he swapped them out for A3 wheels and tires

TyMoore

The only piece of advice I can give is be absolutely sure that the pump is properly timed before installing it...injection timing is everything for a diesel engine. Not being a diesel mechanic couldn't tell you how to determine that...but study those manuals online. They should tell you how to line up any timing marks on the gear casing to make the thing work.

Caseymikl

The only piece of advice I can give is be absolutely sure that the pump is properly timed before installing it...injection timing is everything for a diesel engine. Not being a diesel mechanic couldn't tell you how to determine that...but study those manuals online. They should tell you how to line up any timing marks on the gear casing to make the thing work.
I went over the manuals and everything is dead on per manual. I can't get it any closer. Gonna button up all the lines and finish installing everything, throw some fuel in it and hit the button. See what happens.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks