• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 power steering possibly??

I am getting this from the fella I bought my LDS from its a Vickers ram nos. on the tag read *SN 126-JK * part nos. *320A *38AWM *other nos. *NO92-11 this is the only information I have would it work? I have no idea how this type of ram assist works any info on this would help I couldn't find any info on it searching net??

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you could use it, it would only be a small component of a system.

On my 5ton, there is a power steering box on one side of the frame and a cyl like the one in your pic on the other side of the frame. So you would need a steering box, a pump, and hoses etc. I wouldn't mess with it.

rustystud

086.jpg087.jpg
If you could use it, it would only be a small component of a system.

On my 5ton, there is a power steering box on one side of the frame and a cyl like the one in your pic on the other side of the frame. So you would need a steering box, a pump, and hoses etc. I wouldn't mess with it.
I agree with gimpyrobb, this looks like something from the early 60's you would find on a IHC, like my old "Loadstar". You would need so much more to make it work it would not be worth it. Here's some pictures of my IHC Loadstar.

Heath_h49008

Actually, I think he's close to a good system.

$250 Sweet Servo
$200 Assist ram
Some welding, hoses, and heim joints
Old Saginaw pump and a bracket to mount it.

Instant power steering with cheap and common parts.

If it fails, you still have the manual box.