• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 power steering possibly??

I am getting this from the fella I bought my LDS from its a Vickers ram nos. on the tag read *SN 126-JK * part nos. *320A *38AWM *other nos. *NO92-11 this is the only information I have would it work? I have no idea how this type of ram assist works any info on this would help I couldn't find any info on it searching net??

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you could use it, it would only be a small component of a system.

On my 5ton, there is a power steering box on one side of the frame and a cyl like the one in your pic on the other side of the frame. So you would need a steering box, a pump, and hoses etc. I wouldn't mess with it.

rustystud

086.jpg087.jpg
If you could use it, it would only be a small component of a system.

On my 5ton, there is a power steering box on one side of the frame and a cyl like the one in your pic on the other side of the frame. So you would need a steering box, a pump, and hoses etc. I wouldn't mess with it.
I agree with gimpyrobb, this looks like something from the early 60's you would find on a IHC, like my old "Loadstar". You would need so much more to make it work it would not be worth it. Here's some pictures of my IHC Loadstar.

Heath_h49008

Actually, I think he's close to a good system.

$250 Sweet Servo
$200 Assist ram
Some welding, hoses, and heim joints
Old Saginaw pump and a bracket to mount it.

Instant power steering with cheap and common parts.

If it fails, you still have the manual box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks