• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Recovery in So-Cal

100dollarman

This truck is from Santa Clarita-- I bought several of the Indie trucks from him. I always like to have a "cheap" truck available to suck people in with, then sell them one that costs more. (LOL!):p

The delivery may seem a little high, but its because I am not making any profit on the truck. Prefer pick up at $2500 price.

Plus, things can happen-- I just got back from a delivery where I had a trailer blow-out and had to buy 2 tires and a wheel-- $500!:-(

Regardless, its a lot of truck for $2500![thumbzup]

See ya on Monday!!!

GoinNutts

$500 from Mark is not bad considering fuel costs and the Cali cops are watching all commercial vehicles and ticketing for the biggest BS and those tickets run in the thousands. Towing like what was pictured is a sore thumb asking to be pulled over, not that it was illegal just that the cops figure you might not have dotted your I's and crossed your T's. I had to have a lowboy out to Barstow for a A3 and 2 101's and it was twice that to Los Angeles.
:grd:

PropDr

I drove mine home from the Barstow GL yard to Riverside with no problems.
All you need to be legal is a one day moving permit and insurance.

GoinNutts

I was told w/ 3 axles you would need a class B. I say "told" because I am no legal pro and as you said it's been argued way too many times but these arguments are based on opinions on the interpretations of the laws on licensing. I'm in the construction biz and tote large trailers and have many friends in the industry who fall victim to this "can of worms". I hear horror stories about CHP's and other small city PD's who are filling their coffers with our money because of technical BS tickets. You can get a deuce flat bedded a couple times for what it costs in fines let alone if it breaks down and you have to tow it anyway. Get one of these tickets and your LOL will become a COL (CRYING OUT LOUD) You laugh but the PD's have figured out how much revenue they pull from these tickets. In my local city they have a full time squad of officer's who's only job is "commercial enforcement" as it says on their trucks.
:soapbox:

GoinNutts

The picture of the Dodge and 3 axle deuce on a trailer earlier in this thread requires a class A and that is a several thousand dollar ticket in my neck of the woods. Most people don't know it until Erik Estrada has you pulled over.

PropDr

The picture of the Dodge and 3 axle deuce on a trailer earlier in this thread requires a class A and that is a several thousand dollar ticket in my neck of the woods. Most people don't know it until Erik Estrada has you pulled over.

Ok, this is getting way off topic. If you want to discuss that start a new thread or pick up on an old one pertaining to that topic.

Last edited:

Loco_Hosa

Truck is home safe and sound. Noticed the clutch slipping a little bit when I was getting close to home, and it now seems to be spraying some oil from the front of the trans or the rear of the engine. (My bet is on engine)

However, its here, runs good and strong, and now I am going to watch Indiana Jones and see if I can spot my truck, lol.

Pics to come soon :)

100dollarman

I cant believe that thing made it!!!! LOL!

Jus' kiddin'! LOL

With a little TLC, I think it will make a good truck.[thumbzup]

Thank you, Joe-- we really appreciate your business!!!

THX to Bill for bringing Joe up to the yard, and all of the assistance!

Have fun with the new ride!!!:jumpin:

AWESOME recovery, guys!

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw that truck there on friday on my way back from Barstow. Went to $100man to pick up a spare tire for my 5 ton. I was wondering what was up with the decal on the door.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the most axles on a truck out of Hundy's in a long time! :)

I'm just down the road and have some free time. LMK if you need a hand.

Loco_Hosa

Just a few more pictures.

Ill be taking ya'll up on some of those offers to help me wrench on her once I have some cash again. I know I dont have the tools to change the rear main myself, but that will not be until next week or later.

Thanks for all the support, I literally dont think I could have gotten this done without the help of the forum.

Also, five stars for 100dollarman, some incredible looking trucks on that lot, and great folks to do business with.

Attachments

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We should do a truck gathering at a local Riverside greasy spoon.

:driver: