• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Recovery in So-Cal

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you gonna post up the meet addy Phil or you just messing around? Or do we wanna just hit a taco stand near the Brothers?

Loco_Hosa

Haha, I would love to do it here, but I think If I tried real hard I could get 2 M35s and CUCV here.... if I tried really hard. Also, the dirty thieves that robbed us might decide that they would rather rob someone else next time, but for a gathering a dont think this is the neighborhood.

Well, Ill look into the cost of dumping a fair amount of oil into the truck and driving it, but Im down for tow baring it if not.

Also, if I find a job before then, Ill dump some oil and we can go for it. I cant wait!

Loco_Hosa

Hey ya'll, I have an interview and a few less formal meetings with general managers scheduled for Tuesday throughout the Riverside plaza. On Thursday I turned in over 40 resumes in that general area. I can still be there around 6pm, Ill pour in some oil and just take the truck for the job hunt.

Have we pinned down a location yet?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm working on sorting things out with Phil. We should nail it down tonight.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, we have to do it Wednesday. We're meeting at Zorba's at 1800. Phil says it's a good place and has plenty of parking. Hope to see a bunch of trucks there.

mightymanx

For the oil leak try adding a few qts of type "F" transmission fluid it has seal conditoners.

It has stopped a few weeping rear main leaks for me in the past and cured completly the 109 we brought back from FT Riley to WA.

When you make it back to Tacoma give me a shout I live in Bremerton.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look familiar?

First pic is pretty blurry, but you can make out the #29 on the truck in the background.

Looks like every shot has the jerry cans covering the stock headlights and a spare tire on the hood.

Attachments

Last edited:

Barneyszoo

The address for Zorba's is, 450 Iowa Ave. Riverside, Ca. 92507. We can try this place out and see if we want to change it and do it again so maybe more guys can come. I know Low Tech, and Bad Carp are out in the des. Hope to see a few MVs there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks