• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 soft top install?

ALA2

Hello all, today I installed a new top on my bober there are 2 brackets sticking out the back of the frame work on the cab.These would be about neck high maby a little higher.Is there supposed to be a bar or rod going left to right to support the top or is this something someone added. I can build a bar to work but it does not look like it would be wright or I cut the brackets off .They will poke threw the top if left alone.THANK YOU ALL AL

wilfreeman

Hey guys, my Brother installed the new tan soft top on our bobber last week, but it doesn't fit tight like our old green one. It seems to be too long in the rear because the loops are pretty much even with the hooks - the same with the tabs beside the doors. The snaps at the front corners don't line up with the old snap either.Will this thing shrink (hopefully) when we get it out in the sun?

Also, what pattern do you use when lacing the ends of the super rope in the tab.

Thanks

Last edited:

wilfreeman

Yeah, I've been doing a little research about the top. Like ya'll said, the 800 series is the same as the M35a2. If the 900s are wider, it couldn't be for one of them - the width is actually the only thing I am happy with!

Attachments

Kaiser67M715

How much bigger are the 900 series tops? My top on my m35 is baggy and droops a lot, it also hangs down below the rear hooks, so the the rope is almost 1/2 inch from the end of the hook.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
How much bigger are the 900 series tops? My top on my m35 is baggy and droops a lot, it also hangs down below the rear hooks, so the the rope is almost 1/2 inch from the end of the hook.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Way bigger, like 4-6 inches wider. The posts that go into the cab, by where the doors close simply slide in. Try making a washer to space them up a bit.