• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Super Singles Difference & Installation

Hummer Guy

Ok I need some help on this one, I have the adapter plate dish in but my wheel is rubbing big time on both sides, check out the pictures.

Attachments

ToddJK

I finally got to actually putting these on the truck but Im kind of stuck, how do we air the rear tires up? the valve stem is so close to the hub that I can't get my pump fitting to go on it, is it only able to be aired up with the wheel off the truck? Also, do we use the stud with the square head again? I put the sqaure head stud back on and then mounted my wheel/tire on.

I have the aluminum Hutchinson wheel
It's best to flip them around and have dish out or air them up before installation if you want dish in. I'm pretty sure you'll have to flip the hubs if you run dish out so the rears are in line with the front unless you don't care about that. All of mine are dish out and while it may not look as nice on the rear that way, the valve stem is 100% accessible. As far as the front rubbing, I think it's either different lug studs that push the wheel a little further out or there's a spacer used, I didn't install mine, but perhaps @Godspeed131 can chime in, my truck was his truck and the tire installation is spot on with plenty of clearance on the front.

Attachments

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m not the most knowledgeable on the different wheels available and there are other people on this site that would put me to shame but I’m not sure what those wheel are, maybe buffalo wheels, but the wheels that you are using appear to have too much of a positive offset that wont work on the deuce as is and that’s why its rubbing. The ones I used are different, with a more negative offset and were another type of hutchinson. Ill post a pic of the wheels I used on @ToddJK ’s truck.

On the topic you asked about the valve stems and lug nuts, with the flipped hubs that brings the load on the bearings in alignment and that puts the face of the wheel with the valve stem out so airing up wont be a issue. the lug nuts how you have them will be ok, but it is a lot better to grab 24 of the same lug nuts that the front uses and that will replace the two piece bud lug nuts used on the back and will simplify everything.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks