• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 V.S. my house

Strykerboy

Well im on leave right now in CA. i let my buddy barrow my truck to move some stuff over to the house while im gone.... i didn't see a problem with letting him do so because he has driven 5 tons and such before.
well i got a call last night from him he was all freaked out about hiting the house with the truck when he was backing it up the driveway...
i told him not to worry about it and that we can just repair the house when i get back from my trip.. these are the pic that he took.... note: it only scratched the paint on the truck..

Attachments

dm22630

Call your insurance. Homeowners MAY cover it.....if not, you are looking at a MINIMUM $3,000-$4,000 repair.

Also....hire a brick mason to repair it!!!! You will need to use the same bricks, and even then, the mortar most likely will not match.

2cents

Last edited:

Crackerjax

holy cow ..... that truck sure did a number.... gos to show ... even 14,000 pounds going 3 mph will crush something bad ... my buddy has a flat tool box that someone ran over with a m35a2....he had a heck of time getting his tools out of his new metal taco

pyrogod117

I never imagined that was possible moving that slow, but I guess this proves that all wrong. Sucks for your house, and no disrespect intended, but that's a pretty sweet story to tell.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, really sorry to hear about your house! I hope you don't have problems with your homeowners insurance. Or perhaps it would be covered by your liability policy on the Deuce. You should probably try to put in a claim against your Buddy's insurance first. That will be an expensive repair.:cry: