• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 vs m923

SSG ALBANESE

As one of the deligates from the People's Republik of Kommiefornia, I would be remiss if I didn't point out that in this state of brain dead uninformed and just plain stupid lawmakers, any vehicle with 3 axles that is not an RV requires a CDL to drive. Yes, the california Highway Patrol's Commercial Enforcement Division likes to pull over unsuspecting deuce owners and cite them for driving out of class. Just another of the thousands of ways this chickenpoop state makes money to keep supporting undocumented aliens instead of just shipping them out like they used to do.
:mad:

Monterey California here Zombie man haha. To avoid the hassle that DMV was giving me with three axles I registered my deuce as a historical. I don’t use it for profit/hire. I am only allowed to drive for special events such as parades or historical event. Military history being so vast you can Google a historical military event for just about any day you wish to drive. I print out the history for that day and keep it with me in the truck. Cant find anything??? Bleed the fuel filters and take it for a "test drive". I know that registering it as commercial without a class B or A can pose an issue but not if registered as historical.

Monterey California here Zombie man haha. To avoid the hassle that DMV was giving me with three axles I registered my deuce as a historical. I don’t use it for profit/hire. I am only allowed to drive for special events such as parades or historical event. Military history being so vast you can Google a historical military event for just about any day you wish to drive. I print out the history for that day and keep it with me in the truck. Cant find anything??? Bleed the fuel filters and take it for a "test drive". I know that registering it as commercial without a class B or A can pose an issue but not if registered as historical.
Sneaky! I like it! I plan to bob my deuce for the sake of drivability and fuel economy. I wonder if I can get away with doing the HV registration after bobbing.:cool:

SSG ALBANESE

It is a bit sneaky but its all legal.

I would recommend going on google and searching for CA Vehicle Code 2012. It will be in PDF format. One it has downloaded use the search bar and type in Historical. Hit enter and each time it will navigate you to any portion of the document regarding historical vehicles.

Vehicle code section 5050-5052 look at 5051 (a) it states at the end, "and maintain the vehicle for hobby or historical purposes." I read this as "hobby" and falls into most of the catagories. This only applies to (a) as a collector. If you claim it as a historic "special interest vehicle" then it must be unaltered. (cannot bob)

You will not need more then a class C CA DL if you bob it and keep it registered as commercial. Just make sure to get it weighed again because the cost may go down for registration.

For CA the deuce's only issue is the third axle. It meets the weight requirment, brakes are not true air brakes but that third turd of an axle gets ya.

According to the CHP officer who did my VIN verification and the lady who helped me at DMV historical vehicles are exempt from special license requirements. I dont know how that works with historic motorcycles though:cookoo: (the vehicle doesnt state otherwise)

How much are you paying for it to be registered as is now?

KsM715

*edit* never mind. I'm an idiot and did not fully read the post about Special interest vehicles csan not be modified.:doh:

Carry on.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks