• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Winch & PTO issues

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.... Someone here had a list of them, but I can't find it.
This one?

Does anyone happen to have a diagram of the left side? Maybe a video of the left side cover coming off?
Left side is pass.side, right?

See some diagrams below, out of my favorite book, ORD 9 SNL G-742.
(I have edited the second image, for better understanding...)

G.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rmtaunton

Your slipping G , I am surprised it's not your own diagram and made simpliar with highlights , ha , ok I actually really am your drawings make more since then any Tm and so well done . By the way this is meant as a compliment as best I can from a smart ass . You the man G

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hah,yes,no,umh, well... thanks Robert!
Actually some things I find are good enough to leave them as are...:)

Not that second diagram, though! Let me quickly show the "before" and "after, side by side; then you will see why.

Attachments

icecreamman

On bearings and seals, I've found out that most cities that have any industry has a has a place that specializes in belts, bearings and seals. When working on my bikes and such, I can usuall
y get Timken for less than the crap that is sold as OEM.

I walk into my local shop and the owner immediately asks " Oh sh##, what are you working on now?"

Callahan

So I was finally able to get the clutch handle to free itself. I filled the case with used oil and a product called knocker loose. I let that set for a few hours to penetrate the fork and rod. I reversed the winch from inside the truck and ran off 50ft of cable or so while I moved the handle. I got lucky and the handle moved. The more I move it the better it gets. I will be putting corn head grease in the case tomorrow since I have a leaking seal. Now all I have to do is address the free spool lock,it doesn't seem to want to seat to lock the drum while the clutch is out. I'm thinking it is worn. Any ideas?