• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2C Insurance providers needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have just checked my current insurance providers and none of them will touch the M35A2C I need to get insured. Can you guys help me out with insurance providers you would suggest, liability/comprehensive and cost. I need to get this straight for a pickup next week.
Thanks

jh1990

My Dad is working towards getting insurance for our deuce but all the companies he's talked to, say it must be garage kept and locked. We don't have a big enough garage to put it in so we're having a hard time finding a company that doesn't require the garage and the locked one.

jh1990

My Dad is working towards getting insurance for our deuce but all the companies he's talked to, say it must be garage kept and locked. We don't have a big enough garage to put it in so we're having a hard time finding a company that doesn't require the garage and the locked one.

David_4x4

Our insurance provider pointed us to a J.C Taylor automobile insurance. But she also hooked us up with a temporary 6mos insurance until we get a full policy.

Here's their site. How good or bad and other advantages I don't know, but I guess we'll find out.

http://www.jctaylor.com/

houdel

I have State Farm, $167 per year but limited on usage/mileage, mostly to "events", parades, car shows etc.. I'd try JC Taylor, they are a little more expensive, but more flexible in how you use your truck. If you intend to use it for any sort of commercial use (i.e., hauling materials for profit, even logs off your property to sell at a sawmill) you will need commercial insurance in the $800+ per year range).

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
WOW! I just checked GEICO of all places and they said that they would cover my M35 for about $119 per 6 months for liability. I have my car thru them, but really just assumed that they would not touch that, as they are picky. I checked my home insurer, and motorcycle providers for coverage. They did say that they will have to do more research into the coverage for longterm coverage, but would cover it at least thru next week when they send an official decision. That covers me getting this beast home though, so that is good enough for me even if they eventually can't do it long term. I made sure to make it super clear this was noncomercial, and would be used just as a pickup with under 3000miles a year, all true.

Thanks for the replies this has been so helpful. I am still going to follow up with some of the above as I might be in the market still. I will have to check into the terms and coverage limits more when I actually get my title from GL. For now I just have to get home.

I think when I was searching here I got too specific.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3407&highlight=insurance
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3055&highlight=insurance

Thanks guys.

bottleworks

Geico quoted me for the M35 with no problem. Then when I went to buy it. They started asking more questions... One of which was weight. They will not deal with trucks that weigh more then 10,000 pounds. I am now with progressive for the M35 and Geico for the normal cars...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
State Farm, about $280 a year, no restrictions, although I am looking for something cheaper. Mine is basic liability, with some medical and uninsured thrown in.

HOWEVER, going through a company like State Farm appears to be at the discretion of the agent. Some agents who have no idea what it is will try to cover their butts by selling you a commercial policy and some will give you a standard truck policy.

chill63

I second Recovry4X4, I pay $304 per year for full coverage with the same limits as my personal vehicles and $9000 declared value. This policy does not allow commercial use. Also, absolutely no hassles with those folks as all they do is specialty insurance.

da-beast

I use erie insurance. I have a ton of insurance on it and for a 25 year old I only pay about 400 with unlimited miles no questions asked.

n3uka

chill63 said:
I second Recovry4X4, I pay $304 per year for full coverage with the same limits as my personal vehicles and $9000 declared value. This policy does not allow commercial use. Also, absolutely no hassles with those folks as all they do is specialty insurance.
I third it, they were very easy to work with and do not have limits on mileage or storage like most of the other carriers for collectible vehicles.

m35a2cowner

Insurance

I have Condif & Skully (MetLife) for $171 a year. Its full coverage ($15,000.00) replacement value and includes towing. There is a mileage limit and not to be used for commercial purposes. They would prefer it be stored inside but I told them its to big and they changed their mind. Each year they ask for an odometer reading (I tell its broken --Have to replace transfer case due to threads being ripped out) and they take my word for it. So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks