• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Cat 3116 Max Operating RPM

EdMontana

I cruse my A3 on I-75 with the cat from Syrose @ 55MPH. the tack says 2200rpm and it goes just fine. Remember the cat is not a chevy big block.
Check your real speed with a GPS, you will find out that you are not going at 55 mph.....

And the other poster....going 60 mph with a loaded A3?.....they must be some A3's with a modified tranny or too much sun in the head.

That is on the A2, the A3 is taller. Some guys run 16.00 x 20 at 53" tall, the 14.00 x 20 are 49.5 tall. I will be cutting up my A3 i a couple of weeks to bobb it, all ready have the tires.
I don't think you can run 53" tires on an A3 unless you extend the dog bones to spread the axles or bobb it.

Hoefler

I found my speedo was way off. When I switched to 395 Goodyears I found my speedometer to be dead on. I verified it with a GPS. I typically run mine around 2400 RPM and 50 MPH.
Pete

islandguydon

Check your real speed with a GPS, you will find out that you are not going at 55 mph.....

And the other poster....going 60 mph with a loaded A3?.....they must be some A3's with a modified tranny or too much sun in the head.
I did check this with a garmin, your right the tach is off. THe cat I was driving belongs to Mogger67, I let him know today he needs to replace his tach.

Good intel thanks...!