• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Finally got mine!

waterguy

My M35A3 arrived this morning! This is a great Marine Corps birthday gift........a day late..
Everything is in working condition, no issues. It runs like a top!

Attachments

waterguy

It is a nice ride. It drives very well. Shifts smooth. The only problem so far is the drivers side door handle doesnt work from the outside.
My EUC only took 9-10 days, but it is my third or fourth one.
I got the truck for $3,800.00
Not sure if this # is the S/N or not....the data plate on the dash had 5011985 on it.

can I assume that the truck was originally a 1985 model before the upgrades??

I need to find a TM for it....

aztec

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats waiting for my euc went to battle creek oct 25th my first time i paid 4600 m35a3 cant wait mine came from fort gorden ga 111hrs 4000mi hope it runs like yours where did yours come from

waterguy

Ft. Gordon. Yours should be in good shape as well.

Jamesfrom180....The CTIS seams to work, but i'm not sure that I know exacley what I am doing with it.... it adjusted down and back up when i pushed the buttons, but then had a bunch of jibberish on the screen??? I am trying to down load a TM for it now. It has some re build plates on it, what should I be looking for??

mikey

Congrats waterguy, the M35A3 is exactly what I am shopping for. GL had a few sell today with flat tires and in unknown running condition for over $4k.

goodguyzy

im going to pick my A3 up next week or soon after. how many A3 are there? i thought i heard 6k. $3,800 is a great deal, out here in the west thats how much a A2 would cost.

AceHigh

Check the rebuild plates on the axles if they are visible. Mine is licensed as a 1993 but all three axles were rebuilt in 10/1998.

I think all the A3 trucks are rebuilds, I don't think any were built from the ground up.

Broken door handle! Demand a refund!!! :driver:

renovate7

My A3 has axle rebuild dates of late 96 and the date on the hard top is early 97 so I'm guessing mine was built in 97. I can't see any evidence that there was a previous serial # on the frame over the drivers side tire, only the current A3 number. I've read where some were rebuilt A2's, any way to find accurate info on this?

waterguy

Yes i feel like I got a great deal on this truck. I drove it off of the trailer and all around town yesterday with no problems. It is exactly what i wanted exept i did want the winch.....but Oh well!
I will check out the dats plates and see if I can tell when mine was rebuilt, I think you are correct, that all A3's are rebuilt trucks. I cant wait to get it off road and post some pics and video.....

lonegunman

I am no expert on these vehicles. I would be curious if it was rebuilt as an M35A3 or new production. I am really jealous, looks like you have a really good truck.
All A3's are rebuilt from A2's. The goverment turned over three A2's for the base of parts and got two A3's in return. Basically AM General cherry picked all the best parts and made trucks out of them, then used the other parts for rebuilt spares or sold them as scrap.

There is a really good report out there on the cost effectiveness of the project. It determined three interesting things if I recall correctly. 1. The trucks turned in were in far better shape than expected and they really should not have turned in three for two. 2. This bad swap drove the true price upwards needlessly. 3. They recommended the military drive a harder bargain next time.

My truck has 10/98 rebuilt dates on the axles and wheels. Thus it was built in the 1999 model year. So I bought a ten year old truck for 10% of its new cost. Thats quite a deal in anyone's book.

All A3's are built to the same 1993 specs, so if you want to register it and call it something newer you better be ready when they stick you with emmissions tests your truck cannot pass.

A2 driver's are usually spared a lot of the misery because they have 1960's and 70's build dates.

WyoDeuce

The ctis system is sweet. When you go to a lower tire pressure the adjustment will happen within a few seconds. When you air up it takes a while. Works better if you are driving around and not just idling. The setting will flash until it has reached the desired air pressure. ("cross cntry" flashing means it is still working on the adjustment.) After the pressure has been reached the words will stop flashing. I usually run on mud/snow or cross country with an empty truck. I think the highway setting is a bit harsh for an empty truck.
Good luck.

ONTOS66

Congratulations, good price for a truck that nice. I bid on one from Md yesterday and dropped out about 4600 it finally sold for over 8000. Very low mileage, no winch, full canvas.

I have the -10 on pdf if you don't have it yet. All the manuals are available from LOGSA, if you have a fast connection, I've been having problems with mine and downloads timing out.

Enjoy!!

ps - need pictures!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks