• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 lockout hubs

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Yes that is one of my trucks. I had the grill cover made at "New Life Canvas". The charge gal there is named Mona. The cover is different than the issue one if you were able to find one. After talking to CAT they told me that the inter cooler must have 1/3 of it open to the air at all times. Makes sense to me. Hence the permanent opening at the bottom. It works well no problem.

If you call and talk to the folks at New Life Canvas let me know as I would make a slight mod to it were I to do it again. Just a inch wider to allow easier mounting of the fasteners (which Mona can provide also)

As I mentioned in the first post of this thread. The truck is in for repainting. When that is done the grill cover will be painted 3 part CAMO and will match the rest of the truck pattern..

NewLifeCanvas- Reproduction Canvas for Vintage Military Vehicles and Willy's Jeeps

Attachments

Last edited:

lawnmowerman

this is a dumb question to some of you but I have a m35a3 bob was thinking about locking hubs what are you meaning about cutting the hub caps do the hubs not fit bolt what do you mean thanks dumb okie

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this is a dumb question to some of you but I have a m35a3 bob was thinking about locking hubs what are you meaning about cutting the hub caps do the hubs not fit bolt what do you mean thanks dumb okie
The rock shield that protects the CTIS valve/plumbing requires cutting/modification when lockout hubs are installed.

lawnmowerman

ok thanks so since I don't have that its no problem so what are they talking about when they talk about despined hubs and lock out hubs I want a fairly easy application for my m35a3 do you have any recommendations

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
De-splined hubs are the existing hub and the splines are milled out.
they are called poor man lockouts. You will need a spare set to install to
engage the front axle. Good for long trips, manually installed, on/off.
lockouts replace the existing spline hub, manually engage/disengage
no tools involved. Go out and remove your hub, you'll get the idea.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is how i did it. Cut away around the locking hub and made a post that screwed on one of the rim bolts. That 9/16 head of a bolt you see in the pic is fastened into the post i made under the cover.

Attachments

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
so what your saying is the old hubs are desplined so front can go freely then when you need them locked in you put in spare hub with the splined hub is that correct
Let's it, poor man lockouts. Takes 5 minutes to bolt off/bolt on. Now, to a different subject; capitalization and punctuation,
Site requirements, if helps us ol'school guys trying to decipher the text.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is how i did it. Cut away around the locking hub and made a post that screwed on one of the rim bolts. That 9/16 head of a bolt you see in the pic is fastened into the post i made under the cover.
Neat idea, still have my covers off pending final decisions, also see you're running two counter weights, my truck came equipped w/ 1/wheel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks