• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3/M36A3 In cab heater

denisek5935

This unit does use fresh air. The are not that difficult to put in and they are nice. I have dealt with them, before.

Boatcarpenter

5935, are you refering to the proper heater for in the cab installation? Mine is the a2 heater that is supposed to mount in the engine compartment that I am trying to fab into the cab. The orientation of the inlet and outlet lines and the location of the bleeder valve for the core dictated that it go on its side as compared to standing up on the bracket under the hood so that I would not lose much foot or leg room. That made the inlet side of the fan housing extremely difficult to get outside air into. So I'm trying to rig some way to let fresh air in via the outside vent on that side. Maybe you already knew this but I'm just clarifying the point. Since I started the project I have seen the proper ones somewhere for sale but no turning back!!

cbvet

Deuce Heater

My 1970 deuce, which I got from a guy in Minnesota, came set up for cold weather. It has the radiator/headlight cover, hood cover, & engine side panel covers. It had a heavy insulated cargo cover, which I removed. There is a multifuel heater in the cargo bed too. It has the cab heater mounted on the passenger-side firewall. Doesn't affect legroom much at all. It gets its return air from inside the cab. There is a control to switch from "heat" to "defrost". Works very well.
I don't know about anyone else, but I get plenty of fresh air through all the holes, window seals, etc!
Eric

rice

I have a 66 M45A2 that was set up as a Ward Lafrance Brush fighting truck. It has the full artic kit. Under dash heater, fully insulated cab and battery box with heat pipes under the batteries. The heater will run you out. Like I really need all that heat in SC, I've only had the heater on one time. I'll take pictures if anyone's interested. Also have a newer deuce with under hood heater. :D

Jones

I've got a hot water heater and the diverter box (no hoses or defrost ducts) if anybody's interested. It looks like the only wear is from shelf storage. PM me if you are.

rice

I have a 1966 M45A2 that has the full artic kit. Insulated cab, underdash heater and defroster, battery box heater, oil pan heater, 24 volt heater and circulation pump in box under the cab below drivers seat. I'll take pictures if anyone's interested. It was a fire truck, I removed the fire body and installed flat bed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That under dash heater is the standard heater in the chassis trucks with the 530A, 530B and 530C class pumper bodies. They have a bunch of toggle switches on the dash to operate the stuff too!

ida34

I saw an m45a2 on gsa auctions. I don't know what it went for but I was out at about $1400. I wanted it for the winch and hard top. It was in Indiana. I would probably have gotten it home then restored it instead of chopping it for parts. I could see myself not wanting to do away with a vary rare deuce model.

rice

The M45 A2 from my understanding were basically cab and chassis that had different type bodies installed. I wanted to keep and use this one so I installed the flatbed. I still have the complete body that came off. I paid $110 for this one with 3300 miles. As near as I can tell, it still has the original tire and wheels. The outer wheels are painted red on the outside, inside and inner wheels are still OD.