• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Mod

mudguppy

The thing is that I know of trucks with no intercooler making over 400hp, now they run a little hot at WOT but managable. Can the cat not run worth a darn without the intercooler? ....
well, i don't think you'll get 400hp out of a non-IC'd 6bt with good EGT's without water, water/meth, or an enormous turbo that may not be street friendly. well, you could do it w/ twins and maintain good street manners, but i believe it would still be outside of the 'managable' range, for me anyway. i'd just rather keep it IC'd.

my current Cummins setup will peg the 1600° gauge pretty quick because i don't have enough air. so if i took the IC away.... i don't know, but i'd expect my EGTs to be at least 200-250° hotter all the way around.

the Cat will still make the power, but longevity and potential durability for the given duty cycle will suffer.