• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Questions?????

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Add lug nuts not bird shot!!!!!
... or correctly sized lead weights glued in place with PU-adhesive...!

Ever since my first "un-ba-a-a-a-lance" issues running 40"rubber on a CJ7 (25 years ago!) I have been doing this with great results to every imaginable tire/wheel combo: see my post here http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/32924-14-5-xl-rear-tire-harmonics-2.html#post354685 (also read #20)

I would never even try anything grinding itself to dust, while running or rolling loose INSIDE a tire!

G.

BadMastard

Wayne!,

The CTIS has an air dryer on it, so condensation isn't a problem. If it's working properly, it isn't constantly adjusting the tires, it just checks them, so it shouldn't be doing much air removal and replacement. Mind you, I did say IF it's working right. Typically the CTIS vavle will start rejecting material before the tire will (like Gear Oil). When I split my rims, the majority of them were clean and rust free except at the inside of the o ring seating area. I do scrub and paint those.

Weight- depending on manufacturer, it's 130 to 150 lbs.

Beads? I probably wouldn't. You can get the tires balanced at some truck shops if you don't want to do the lug nuts trick. Generally speaking and I know I'm going to get in trouble with this, the tires are less sensitive to balance issues than smaller diameter car tires due to rotational forces being subjectively reduced. At least, that's what I keep telling myself. You can always bubble balance them with a couple of 3 foot levels.

So, I'd suspect either your tires are wildly out of balance, or your CTIS gear is. I think the ctis lead weight alone is 20 oz, and each lug nut is about 10. Good person to ask is Patracy, the dude knows tires. I mean, he REALLY knows our tires. I think he dated several michelins in his past.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks