• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Sparta WI to Springfield IL

flyxpl

Looking to get a M35A3 transported from Sparta to Springfield IL . about 350 miles . Would also be interested in someone close to Sparta that could recover it and store it for a week until I could come up on a weekend to Drive it home .
Thanks,
Joe

flyxpl

I am two hours away. Is it drivable?
In the pics on gl the truck was running and looked like it was driven into position just for photos . Also said driven onto lot .
Westech , if we could get it to your place that would put the truck closer to me . This will be my second EUC in about 3 months , so I would assume this one will clear rather quickly .

Last edited:

poof

Dirty Hippie
I can be up there on Monday possibly. is EUC cleared for pick-up?
if its driveable I could drive it back also.. im 2 hours away , south and a bit east..on I-94 coridor and have storage here..
J.P.

flyxpl

Poof ,
I just won the bidding on thur. July 29th . This is my second EUC in three months , so I would assume it will clear pretty quick , but I guess you never know with Battle Creek . Sounds like your location would work well for me since it will put the truck closer to me . PM sent .
Thanks ,
Joe

flyxpl

Looks like westech is going to be able to help me out . I will keep Poofs info as backup .
Thanks for the help guys .This will be a big load off my shoulders trying to figure out just how I will get it home . So far it looks like it will go much smoother then the recovery of two A2's from Redstone where I had a hard time finding transportation for two trucks when the EUC finally cleared .

Attachments

Remember to get some insurance for the recovery, even if you are not driving it.
Wisconsin now has a mandatory ins. requirement, the guys driving it out will need proof of ins. if they get pulled over or if something happens.

Last edited:

flyxpl

I hope you have seen this thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/55035-little-board-today-made-vid.html Westy may take the "back roads" home, so you may have a few X-tra tons of mud on the truck, when you get it.
I think you said you are a teacher, if so maybe you can help Westy with his spelling.
Board...rofl
I beleive his Avatar gave me that same thought . I am an auto painter , I am not to paticular about spelling as long as I can figure out what they are trying to say . I guess I better get up there quick after he gets a hold of it to keep the mud to a min. I would hate to pick the truck up weighing over gross EMPTY .

Look at the bright side , the truck does have a winch on it .