• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 tire repair Assistance Question

JoeD

Hi Guys,
long story, but I bought a M35A3 in Texas and contracted to have it trucked to northeast Ohio. For some reason the driver (who did not speak English) deflated the tires in route to get the trailer in a building for another load.
The tires look like they are no good now. after he deflated them he re-chain binded the truck down and cut the tires. I have tried numerous places in NE ohio to get the tires replaced but no one wants to work on it. It is still on the trailer as far as I know.
I am trying to get him to take it to C C equipment in Unionville Ind. Working with his dispatch to see he they will do that now. not sure where he is.
I think CC equipment is a member of this forum. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
thanks

Sephirothq

I think I should have at least 5 good nice tread 14.5 x 20 tires off the wheels in PA. But you will need one more. Unless you have a good spare.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the tires split or cracked when deflated, they were no good anyway and would have blown out quickly. I would accept the load and move on. My 2 cents.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I wouldn't want that idiot to have my truck any longer than necessary!

Anyway, There is a guy at I70 and 42 that sells 395s with rims for $400, Rogers military surplus. You might want to try him.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think the trucking company would be liable for the tire damage. I would take photos of all of the tires showing the damage while the truck is still loaded and file a claim. you could also try to take them to small claims court. If the tires are damaged, you don't want to try and use them.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think the trucking company would be liable for the tire damage. I would take photos of all of the tires showing the damage while the truck is still loaded and file a claim. you could also try to take them to small claims court. If the tires are damaged, you don't want to try and use them.
Got to agree , that's what they have insurance for they damaged the load file a claim.

JoeD

well, I got the trucking company to admit the driver was wrong to deflate the tires and got hold of their insurance company. After they saw the photos they agreed to have the driver transport the truck to C & C equipment in Indiana. it arrived a few hours ago.
I have run into these type of drivers at my work when they are delivering large equipment. They do not speak English, can't drive a rig, and have no idea what they are doing. next time I contract a load, I will be sure to ask if they are brokering it and to who so I can research them.
I been a lurker on this site for a while a finally bought a deuce. I will send pics when I get it back. thanks for all the suggestions

Special T

I have not seen the Pics but likely the damage occurred from the lip of the wheel being forced onto the rubber being clamped down with binders and then bouncing its way along the road. I would bet most of the steel cords that came in contact are either exposed due to chafing and/or damaged.

dmetalmiki

That scenario is a nightmare come true! Just where do they get these unqualified driver types from? And what type of propitiatory company uses them?..Unbelievable! I do hope you get FULL recompense for this stupidity.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are likely to get new tires out of the incident, and I hope you do. I would recommend having C&C replace the grommets behind the valve stems when they have the tires dismounted. Those grommets relax with age, and dry-rot. The nuts should be torqued to 45 - 60 Ft-Lb. If the brass nuts are rounded off, replace them as well. You will glad in the long run if you replace those grommets, which are responsible for the majority of leaking A3 tires.

JoeD

C & C is also replacing the rims and disconnecting the CTIS . Looks like the insurance company will pay for the new tires. it was hard for them to deny that once they saw the pictures I took when the truck arrived!

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe D
Happy to hear you have good resolution to this. What a nightmare! Welcome to this site. Lots of really good guys on here!
Regards Martin

tommys2patrick

What a nightmare. At least it was remedied. Of course the dain bramage from sorting this out won't be compensated for. I will bet this cost the insurance company more than what you paid for shipping. Best wishes here on out with that wonderful piece of MV iron!

jetman10

I have a tire question . I installed 4 wheels and tires from a 5 ton ? on my bobbed deuce . They are 46 inches high and are marked tubeless . Used " peabody's " wheel adapters . They ride OK . I checked the air pressure and all 4 tires have less than 20 lbs of air ! On the side of the tire asks for 95 lbs . What's with that ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks