• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Barn Find

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is alive!!! She's smoking like a coal fired freight train but she runs!!! Still need to check the cooling system but the fuel is working (from a small temporary gas tank).
Jeff, as you get more running time on the engine is it smoking less? Sometimes when an engine sits a long time, they will smoke until the rings and cylinder walls get re acquainted.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the smoke is slowly getting under control. The initial roughness is almost over. I'm still tweaking the carb. I wonder if it was common practice to put Motorcraft Carbs on Chrysler engines?

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still trying to get the clutch working. The fork doesn't move at all when the pedal is depressed. Getting all the panels off is proving to be a PITA. The massive heater is in the way but I'm not sure how to get it out. Fun, fun, fun. I'm about ready to push it out of the way. I gotta get the Toys For Tots fixed... and it rained and my toe hurts, wah, wah, wah. Can I have some cheese with my wine, LOL?

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:, lol, I could use the help cause I think I'm going to do some digging to get it figured out. Oh, don't worry about the rain, 'cause it's darn cold out there!

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update, truck now runs, transmission now has a functioning clutch so I can move it. It's in the barn for now until some other projects get done.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been a long time since I posted on the M37. Today my son and I swapped out the old tailgate and put a new-ish one in its place. Not much metal bending nor beating was required.

Attachments

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been a long time since I posted on the M37. Today my son and I swapped out the old tailgate and put a new-ish one in its place. Not much metal bending nor beating was required.
He's just testing out the anti-gravity feature. Is that not working on your truck?
yes, the anti-grav has been a bit sticker that normal. Good thing the barn has a good solid roof!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He's just testing out the anti-gravity feature. Is that not working on your truck?
Not on my truck right now but was wondering why all my dirty laundry were on the ceiling the other morning. I thought is was on the GOOD meds I was on. On a side note to that even though stock M37 mine anyway going slow ( 35 mph ) can be fun because of all the looks she gets. Sure you will have fun with it when your done. Last side note the Good Med's have me thinking out there how bout and electric powered M37? Plenty of room for the batteries in the bed.

John Mc

Not on my truck right now but was wondering why all my dirty laundry were on the ceiling the other morning. I thought is was on the GOOD meds I was on. On a side note to that even though stock M37 mine anyway going slow ( 35 mph ) can be fun because of all the looks she gets. Sure you will have fun with it when your done. Last side note the Good Med's have me thinking out there how bout and electric powered M37? Plenty of room for the batteries in the bed.
I was debating doing an electric M37 when I started my search. If I had ended up with something basicaly sound, but a had a bad engine and transmission, I might have ended up going that way. I typically drive mine locally, so range is not a huge concern. So many of the electric vehicles I see seem to be more "sport" oriented. Mine is a "working in the woods" truck: I don't need to go 100 MPH, I need to get stuff done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks