• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37.....Here we go again

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Looks like we now have some good weather so here are some pics of the M37, trailer and Mule outfit. Done with most of the fabrication stuff. Still have some seals etc. to deal with but the major items are taken care of I hope.

Attachments

Last edited:

USMC 00-08

Those look great!!!

Did you wire turn signals into your M37? How did you do it? I'm needing to wire some into my M135 and figured it would have to be done similar.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Looks like we now have some good weather so here are some pics of the M37, trailer and Mule outfit. Done with the fabrication stuff. Still have some seals etc. to deal with but the major items are taken care of I hope.
That is one fine looking setup Maccus!!:beer:

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Those look great!!!

Did you wire turn signals into your M37? How did you do it? I'm needing to wire some into my M135 and figured it would have to be done similar.
I have not built a new wiring harness yet. When I do I will wire in the turn signal stuff. It is pretty easy as I have done it to an M35, M37, M211 and a M34 so far. I have already physically mounted a NOS turn signal arm to control box wiring harness and the control box for it. I will get a large sheet of plywood and lay out the harness adding the required turn signal wiring at that time. I will use the standard 14 ga. GI wires, new connectors, wrapping and add the correct numbered identifier tabs to the wiring. I will use Packard connectors not the older style Douglas type. The Douglas connectors are a pain in the back side. I will also run a switched 24v line back to the fuel tank so when the time comes to use an electric fuel pump I will be ready for the pump. Also I will eliminate the connections that are normally located on the inner fenders, they are just a nasty place to have self inflected wiring problems. The harness will look pretty much like the issue ones do.

Last edited:

USMC 00-08

I was leaning toward using Packard connectors. Glad to hear you say that is the way to go. I have found a source for all of the parts except for the numbered tabs. Where do you get those?

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I was leaning toward using Packard connectors. Glad to hear you say that is the way to go. I have found a source for all of the parts except for the numbered tabs. Where do you get those?
Not sure who has them at this time. I got large bunch of them from Saturn Surplus years ago. Used a cheap number/letter stamp kit from Harbor Freight to do the marking on the tabs..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks