• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Recovery

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every time I drove to Mississippi to see my parents I watched for a M37 sitting by a house trailer in Moscow, AR. I had stopped by a couple of time over the last five years to ask about it, with the standard " no I'm going to fix it up for huntin". Well this last time the man of the house was not home so I talked to his wife, obviously pregnant, and guess what I got a call wanting to know if I was still interested in the old Dodge! Timing is everything, and asking the right person.
The recovery did take a bad turn since I managed to burn one of the hubs on my car hauler, the 4 hour recovery turn out taking a full second day. But still well worth the effort, these are great little trucks and getting scarce.
James

Attachments

Last edited:

skinnedknuckles

Cool looking ol' m37. It looks pretty straight. Check out the g741 website we are all about m37/m43.
Paul in Wis.
1945 CJ-2a
1948 btc3 Bantam
1953 m37
1961 m37b1
1966 m101
1968 m105
1971 m35a2 w/w 4x4
1971 m35a2 wo/w 6x6
MVPA + MVPG member

Carter

Good looking truck, what year is it? If you need any questions answered about it just ask here and you will get answers from the local experts who are always ready to assist fellow owners.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Condition

The truck is in great shape for being fifty-eight years old(1952), a couple of holes in the bed and one in the tail gate(but it does have a tailgate!) courtesy of the local fire department. The cab is home made with all the frame still intact and water tight(nice job by the FD), the floors look sound won't know for sure until the green turf is torn out. And there is a spare motor, all for less than a grand. I am a happy camper with this one.
James

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update: I had to do something with that faded fire engine red. So six dollars of surplus paint and it's kind of OD. Still red on the inside, but the astro turf is gone. This is the first M37 I have owned that had the seat wood intact much less having the original seats and covers there. Now if it would just start!!!
James

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I was cleaning out the truck I found another little nugget I wasn't expecting, under the drivers seat was the spinner and retaining plate for the spare tire, those two accessories seem to be the first things lost once they are surplussed!
James

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those aren't beans those are black eyed peas! And they look like they have been in the jar for a while! The truck also came with two fuel cans, electric powered drum pump, pliers, a pile of sockets and small tools, a hand operated vegetable slicer, over one hundred Barts Root beer cans, two oilers, two concrete house peers, spare engine and an assortment of trash.
James

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks