• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 to modern MV brake lights

Soupermike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a wiring diagram of how I can wire newer MV brake lights on my M37? I understand the original wiring harness will need to be changed, I just don't know what changes needs to be made.

Thanks,
Mike

Soupermike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Share the knowledge with those of us that want to do the same upgrade!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pretty simple. I made a jumper from the #21 wire on drivers side to the passenger side drive light. I was under the impression that it would take chopping up my harness by info from someone on Facebook.

nattieleather

It should be plug and play for the most part. You will have at least two wires that will have to go from one side to the other but it's just follow the numbers (if they are still there).

Left Taillight should be Service Stop, Service Tail, Blackout Tail Light
Wire # 21 - Service Tail
Wire # 22 - Service Stop
Wire # 24 - Blackout Tail

Right Taillight should be Blackout Tail, Blackout Stop
Wire # 23 - Blackout Stop
Wire # 24 - Blackout Tail

So, you will need to Y off of #21 #22 from the left hand side over to the right hand side so that both tail and brake lights will light. And if you want the black out to work then you will need to Y wire #23 from the right hand side to the left so that both black out stop lights will work.

A Volt Ohm Meter or trouble light is your best friend to making sure you have the correct wires going to the correct place. I would start with the brake lights first and get them wired on both sides and working. Then the tail lights and then the black out if you want them to work as well.

If you were near Cleveland, Ohio I would offer to come over and help you.... but this is the best I can do. Good luck!

Soupermike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks nattieleather,
I did Y off of #21 but I didn't think of the stop light on #22. I will have to do that.

I appreciate the offer to come help. I alway seem to be too far from help and good deals on parts!!

fasttruck

When I did mine I bought a new wiring harness and specified Packard plugs for all lights as the composite lights have Packard plugs. Stock there is one wire for the BO brake light which is mounted on the right rear part of the chassis. As you now have 2 BO brake lights you will have to rig a jumper from the right light to the one on the left. If your truck has turn signals the Army uses the brake light circuit to carry the turn signals.here is no separate brake light circuit as on a commercial truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks