• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M45

m715mike

Yes it is non-turbo. I will probably try to add a turbo however. I may try to sell/trade for an M35a2 before I try and convert this one in case someone wants to keep it a fire truck and restore.
Wow! Those pictures and the video are amazing! Thanks for posting them.

Sir, if you want a 2.5 ton cargo truck, why don’t you make an offer on one of his other trucks? Why are you negotiating for the M45?

67_Gladiator

Wow! Those pictures and the video are amazing! Thanks for posting them.

Sir, if you want a 2.5 ton cargo truck, why don’t you make an offer on one of his other trucks? Why are you negotiating for the M45?
Mostly money. He wants a lot more for the other trucks, more than I can spend right now. The rest of his M35's are also A3's and I want an A2.

fasttruck

An M45 is a bare chassis. The Army had a vendor mount the fire body on it and the complete truck is a M530 A,B,or C depending if the intended use was airport crash truck, brush truck, or structural fire truck

HDN

Holy cow that's quite a collection!

I'd keep it original. I don't think there are a lot of M45 fire trucks around, especially as unmolested as that one!

67_Gladiator

So I am getting the fire truck and a cargo bed to put on it. The rest of the trucks in the pics/vids is for sale including the M42 duster, I can put anyone interested in contact with the seller

m715mike

Congrats, Sir! That is exciting news.

I was really hoping that the fire truck would stay a fire truck.... but, hey.... it’s yours. Enjoy it how you like!!

67_Gladiator

Congrats, Sir! That is exciting news.

I was really hoping that the fire truck would stay a fire truck.... but, hey.... it’s yours. Enjoy it how you like!!
I may try to post it for sale first, BUT before it was parked it had a full service and all new brakes so it will definitely be a good base and less hassle than buying a different truck and having to tear through it. Plus the price is right

67_Gladiator

Got back up there today for the purchase. Truck fired up 3rd crank, good oil pressure, air pressure, brakes feel good, lights work, heater works, wipers work. Get to drive it home tomorrow, while the wipers work the blades are shot and it was pouring rain. Seller threw in a set of solid fenders since the originals have a bit of rot, new muffler and the drop side cargo bed. So package deal for 2k.

The pump bed has all the hoses and nozzles. I'll likely post up the bed/pump for sale. More pics tomorrow when its home

IMG_20200613_133119_129.jpg

dmetalmiki

I can't believe what you are saying!!.....
KEEP the truck as an M45
The difference of stance and appearance at shows and events would be reward enough.
Or,l sell it or swap it for a truck you need/like/ have to have.
RARE vehicles should be preserved as is.
If you fit a turbo on it it will out perform any m36a2 deuce truck you will meet up with. (yes, they are the same chassis, but fire trucks are set up up quicker (for obvious reasons)) and a turbo gets you the 'sound' and the performance.
let someone who desires an original fire truck have the opportunity to posses one.

dmetalmiki

If I was over there, Or, If that truck was over here, I would purchase it in a trice!
A truly beautiful looking and original truck, It should not be parted out.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a steal. I thought all 530C trucks had the deluge gun. Could it be a 530B? If you do the deed and de-bed it, remember is has a transfer case PTO on it. Don't scrap that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks