• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51 shelter trailer is up and running!

67Beast

littlebob said:
Dave, if you can get a closeup of the fuseholder and post it her or PM me I would appreciate it. mine is missing and I think wreckerman said all of the ones he had acces to were missing the same part. I was able to get the condenser fan and everything running using a screwdriver in the fuseholder, but stopped when I smellled something funny. My compressor looks like it has leaking seals and looks very simalar to the ones on our mid seventies GM vehicles that we owned in that era.
littlebob
I take a close up of it in the morning on my way to work. It has a fuse in it and seams to be good, when I kick on the condenser breaker it really pulls down the output form the motor. I have tried to spin the condenser fan by hand with the breaker off to see if it will spin freely and all I can get it to move is like an inch or so. I have a feeling it might have some rust or something holding it, and if I can just get it to break free it should spin.

67Beast

littlebob said:
Dave,
If you don't mind me asking, where did you aquire yours?

littlebob
I saw it on ebay and low ball bid the thing. The guy had a buy it now of $3800 and I knew it would never get there. No one else bid on it so when it closed I had the only bid. After about three weeks they guy sent me a second chance offer for what I had bid. I called his phone number and asked him how much if we do it off ebay to save him the fees and he said he would take another $100 off. So I got the thing for about 1/4 of his asking price.

67Beast

littlebob said:
Dave, if you can get a closeup of the fuseholder and post it her or PM me I would appreciate it. mine is missing and I think wreckerman said all of the ones he had acces to were missing the same part. I was able to get the condenser fan and everything running using a screwdriver in the fuseholder, but stopped when I smellled something funny. My compressor looks like it has leaking seals and looks very simalar to the ones on our mid seventies GM vehicles that we owned in that era.
littlebob
Here is your close ups of the fuse holder and fuse.

Attachments

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks