• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m52a2

benni72

hey i forgot to mention, if any of you guys are ever in need of any bearings or oil seals let me know, my family has a large bearing company here on the island and we stock just about every size timken and ball bearing. sry the wheels seals are special, believe me i tried to get them with all my resources. i can have them made, but way to much coin.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow Nice fleet!
I am getting a gas M 52 in a few weeks and would love to have the space you have there. The good thing is it is getting warmer and the sandblaster is dug out and test fired if the weekend is nice I will be finishing the first gas tank. Hopefully we can restore them on similar tracks. Thanks for posting the pics

benni72

hopefully it looks as good as the rest of the fleet. the m151a1 got real expensive real fast. seems the smaller they are the more money they cost. nice thing about the m52a2 is the parts really cost very little and i picked it up for close to nothing. i think the owner didn't realize that it was somewhat of a fresh rebuild, found toole tag dated 88 on the motor. i think the breaks are bad from just sitting. still working on the sprag, maybe lazy or just plain shot. gonna take the air cyclinder off tomorrow and see what it looks like.

benni72 said:
hey i forgot to mention, if any of you guys are ever in need of any bearings or oil seals let me know, my family has a large bearing company here on the island and we stock just about every size timken and ball bearing. sry the wheels seals are special, believe me i tried to get them with all my resources. i can have them made, but way to much coin.
benni, if you are talking about the wheel seals on the 5 ton i just got a box of them from a fellow in Alabama. CHEAP! i also see that you have the late style power steering on the tractor. very nice update. let me know if you want the contact info for the seals. certainly not trying to tell you how to do things but if it was mine i would have the air intake tube covered with something.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Benni, your stuff looks top notch, very nice.

:beer:

Gorgeous deuce!

benni72

some updated photos of my resto on the m52a2. just finished with sand blasting and started painting and some lite reassembly, oh changing the clutch was not not lite assembly.

Attachments

jatonka

Very very nice deuce. I Think you can get a 5th wheel from Jim Henry or John Winslow, both are usually in MV magazine. I am in upstate NY with around 35 deuces and 5 tons. If you make that M52A2 look like your deuce, wow, you the man

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks