• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m52a2

benni72

thanks tactical, yes i did get the front harness from you. i have most of the parts to finish just missing front fenders, and fifth wheel. going on a road trip to tnj murray in 3 weeks to pick up what ever is left that i need. completely blew the budget on this one, i'm in deep. new radiator, tires ,harnesses, wheel seals, clutch, windows, top,and not to mention all the time and labor between sand blasting everything and paint! the pay off in the end is what makes it worth it to me.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow is right!
My M52 is jealous I left it sitting hooked up to the M 127 in the driveway. No work on it till I get home from Korea.

You are doing it right and I can't wait to see more pictures of your fine restoration.

No.2Diesel

Excellent Job! I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm in your neck of the woods alot; is that your Deuce on Main St. in town?

....If your looking for an M127 to hitch to your tractor, one of the local truck club guys has one for sale in mint condition (although painted civi color)

benni72

thanks group, gives me motivation again reading all the great compliments. just about finished spraying and undercoating the frame today and started reassembly. ahh the benefits of working at my family business, get to use their warehouse for my projects and to boot get to work on them all day long. i built a shop at my house but awaiting heat and a over head lift. now i just use my loader in the back round of the pics as a lift. i'll post some finished pics of my m151a1 soon. just waiting on cushions, i ordered them about a year ago from new life canvas. any body else ever have any dealings with them? thanks again guys for the great inspiration to finish.

wdbtchr

I tried contacting New Life Canvas several times and never heard back, I assumed they were out of business. I need new cushions for my M51A2.

AaronHorrocks

I see that you HAVE the pin and chain that goes into the mount over the springs... I guess that shakles go there right? I'm missing all of those parts on my M52A2... Where can I get them?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
wdbtchr said:
I tried contacting New Life Canvas several times and never heard back, I assumed they were out of business. I need new cushions for my M51A2.
I believe these are the folks that relocated from somewhere in the northeast to either MN or Wisconsin. I'd be sure I was looking at a current ad.

HTH,
David

benni72

thanks for the link on new life. i ordered canvas for my m151 in march 07 and still waiting. she said july delivery, my fault for not asking july of 2007 or 2008! thanks again

Hkx3

I have a Five'r and spare tire rack, air hookups, all the jazz that Id love to swap for a troop bed (cargo bed) whatever. Id just like it to look like a troop transport style.

Let me know

madsam

Any new pics? You do grate work. I am jealous of your work space. Mine is pretty, but cold, windy and snowie... Did I forget to say muddy.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks