• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54 turns over but doesnt start

adv789

hello again guys, i dont really know what my problem is so im asking you guys. here is what i did yesturday. i was tinkering around with my flame heater when i broke it off, so i took it out and left the other half threaded into the intake manifold to plug the hole until i could get a replacement for it. now i dont know if this has any coralation with the not starting problem, but now my truck turns over but wont start where as it used to turn right over and start up almost immediatly when it was warm. in order to get it to start now i have to give it a shot of either and turn her over then it reluctantly starts, after that though it runs fine. it just wont start byherself. it has the LDS 465-1A in it if that helps at all. i hope some of you guys has an idea, cause im lost.

i look forward to hearing.

Ryan

area52

crack the final filters and see if you are getting fuel, then a line on the IP and see if its fueling there, and finaly one of the injectors.

adv789

Ya the more i think about it thats what i think, cause when i pulled the flame heater unit out, it drained the return line i belive (the plastic line that runs on top of the injectors that "T"'s in to the flame heater). but it filled back up when i started it on ether. now you said crack the bleed valve on the secondary/final fuel filter, the one of the lines on the IP, then one of the injectors them self?

adv789

Ok, i just went and cracked the final fuel filter, and im getting plenty of fuel there. so i shut it, and cranked her over but still nothing. and the stack looks clean, no smoke so it must not be getting any fuel. but why would it run just fine when i started it on ether?:?:

area52

Is your intank fuel pump working? turn the master switch on and trying cracking the fuel filter and see if you have fuel. once the engine is firing, the IP is pulling the fuel so it looks like you don't have a fuel problem when you might actually have one.

adv789

i turn the master battery switch on and i hear the intank fuel pump buzzing, however when i crack the fiter by the frame (the first filter you come to) just a few dribbles come out. and then i closed that one cracked the final and nothing comes out. and i just changed all the filters about a month ago so i know the filters are good.

area52

Sounds like the intank fuel pump is not pumping. Try pulling it and see if its clogged or stuck.

When you pull it, blow some air through the fuel line up to the first filter and see if the line is clogged also.

adv789

Well i pulled the intank fuel pump out and it wasnt really cogged or anything on the screens. so i pluged it in and turned the master swith on and the pump started buzzing however when i did a closer inspection nothing was turning. isnt there something you should be able to see turning inside through the screens? so now im guessing i have a pump that no longer works. i was looking through past post on this site and i ran across a web site that you can order the pump through so i will probably have to do that.