• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M543A2 Winner On GL

M1075

RE: Re: M543A2 Winner On GL

Glad to see your baby arrived safely. Post up those pics when you can! What was the final result on the shipping weight and bill?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: M543A2 Winner On GL

Rumplecat, you better have pics of it on the truck and being unloaded, or you'll have to supply all the beer at Aberdeen!!

nopics

JDToumanian

Glad it made it safe! Behind the gladhand there should be a valve to shut off air flow. It sounds like this valve is missing too, and if that's the case, you won't have air pressure or brakes. A quick fix would be to simply cap it off for now, remove the fitting that has the broken off stub in it and replace it with an appropriate pipe cap until you can get a gladhand and valve from an MV boneyard...

I bet the brakes are fine... maybe need fluid and bleeding...

Regards,
Jon

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
very glad that you made it,my wrecker came home with all the fluids and full of deisel but no tools weight was just under 36000. the trucker had no reason to lie,he didnt want any extra money. loved the tools, but im getting them replaced slowly.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I have been out checking on all the fluids I will need, this is going to cost me at least $700 to refill everything. I need to check the differentials since they drained the power steering, I don't normally run into such dilligent application with most government salvage folks.
James G.

PS: There is no air coming out of the open line/broken glad hand, there must be a shutoff valve back along the line. I do hear a hiss back at he rear drag winch which goes on for a while after the engine is off? A couple of times when I started the truck the low air buzzer will run for a few seconds? And it really starts right up now with the fresh batteries. It has been raining cats and dogs since the wrecker arrived, hopefully it will clear by morning.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Near the rear winch is a control that looks just like a hand brake valve. It allows you to "depress" the clutch pneumatically from the rear position in order to operate the power divider. Something is leaking.

Gamagoat1

There's an air motor that controls the rear cable tension. It has a rubber diaphragm in it that may have a hole. They usually do, that may be your hiss. Check the control lever for the tensioner to make sure it's off.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Tyson Chicken folks have been good enough to let me use one of their truck pads to unload the wrecker but now I need to move it today, don't want to abuse a good thing I may need in the future! From all the comments, I am thinking of using GL-5, 80W-90 in everything that has been drained except the radiator, crankcase and crane tank! Right now I can get 5 gallons at Sam's for under $35, I haven't checked Tractor Supply yet anyone know of a better source, had any problems with Sam's oils?
Thanks,
James G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks