• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M543A2 Winner On GL

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NICE TRUCK! Looks pretty complete, and the rig is solid and I don't see any reason why it couldn't be started up with too much trouble. Wish I could take some time off work to come down from VA to help you try and crank her up.

Good price for a -543A2 too!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks MD, I am happy with it! I have been reading up on the EUC requirements, I don't see where the truck sale is rated A B or Q, where do they list this code? Being built in '66 surely it is not a cutting edge maint. threat to the country, I don't want to wait "No Stinking 90 Days"
James G.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
That is wierd. On GL you can find items like transmissions listed as both EUC and non-EUC, but I have always seen big trucks listed as EUC.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Congrats, I wanted to bid on that, but ran ut of time to inspect it beforehand.

jasonjc

I use Mcknight's Wrecker service out of west fork they are real good popel all I do is fax them the invoice and they tell when they will dope it at my door. If you whant to know more just ask.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the wrecker. Looks very complete and quite nice. Will be fun to see what kind of goodies they left in the boxes. I see they retained the vice from the front. That might be worth driving the 1100 miles.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
So if they realize after you get it home that it needs and EUC approval do you have to return it till the paperwork clears :?: Nice truck by the way.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I will call today on scheduling a pickup and check on the EUC status? I don't want any surprizes after driving 15 hours.
James G.

CGarbee

Let me know when you make the trip. I'm over in Raleigh (just over an hour away)...
A buddy of mine who just got back from Iraq may also be able to help out, he usually snags stuff that I win from Bragg for me, especially since he turns wrenches on Uncle Sugar's vehicles for a living...

westfolk

That whole EUC thing is funny. This last summer I got a parts truck(M35A2C) from Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton. EUC cleared I called scheduled pick-up. Went and got it. About a month later I got an email letting me know that my photo wasn't good enough. If I wanted the truck to be released I would have to submit a better photo ID. I called and asked what this was all about and was told that before I could get the truck I'd have give them a better pic. Then I said well how's that all work?...I already have the truck. The guy was like.....WHAT? I told him everything cleared weeks ago and I already have it. He couldn't believe it and asked if he could still have a new ID photo. Sure, and sent another one. Figure that one out......

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got my first quote on shipping the 543 to Arkansas, an even 4 grand. Anyone know of a more economical transport company I can call???
James G.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just saw a 543a2 for sale, north of columbus, OH. $9800! Rusty and abused, but looks like everything would work. I was a nice guy and didn't take the brand new fuel pump assy sitting on the floor.

Yours looks in much better shape.

Dennis

Last edited:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am ready to have a closeup look at the truck, since it is right out of the military I hope some of the tools are still aboad. I looked at two M816s at the Little Rock DRMO and both had the full compliment of blocks, chains and one even had a large towbar with a 24 volt light bar for the rear of the towed vehicle!
James G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks