• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M62 in South Carolina

AMGeneral

Lets see,checklist for this recovery......

M915A1-check
lowboy-check
chainsaws-check,have 4 avail
time off-check
chains,binders, assorted recovery gear-check
extra help-check
extra truck to help wrecker out of it's place if it doesn't wanna run-check
cold weather clothing-check
enough tools to outfit 2 batallions-most likely check
copy of FM 20-22 Vehicle Recovery Operations-check,have 4 copys if needed

did I miss anything?

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll unload all the winches out of the back of the 814, and we can load the wrecker in the back of the 814.

The 814 is ready to roll on your command. With the genny, and the winches, she is back over 30k on the tires.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lol I don't know if the pig will go on this adventure or not...

As of right now, Craig (bigugh) is going with me tomorrow to try to get her running.

The recovery will be M915 with Brandon's (AMGeneral) Lowboy, hopefully John (EMD567) and Brandon, will be available Friday the 30th to bring her home.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hopefully yours will start as easily as mine did. Mine had sat for 10+ years, so the fuel was nasty. I installed new batteries, flipped the main switch, cracked the primary filter until fuel flowed again, moved up to the secondaries and did the same thing. Then I cracked all the injector lines. I bumped the engine over first to make sure there wasn't any water in the cyls. Then I spun it over for 10-15 seconds until I had fuel coming out of the injector lines. Tightend them back down and it fired up! The only other issue with mine was the turbo was seized from water coming back down into the J pipe. I was able to take it apart and free it up. I only had to drive it a few hundred feet to load onto a trailer, but I let it run for a while and aired up the tires with a glandhand hose. I'm sure all of this advice you already knew, but just thought it might help for anyone else that might read the thread.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it is on!
8am tomorrow morning. Me and Craig are going to meet down there and get her going.

got filters, fluids, and fresh fuel

And a platoons worth of tools.

We will have still cameras and video, and we will set up a way to cover the intake if it runs away.

Anyone want to join in the 'fun' we will be at the Publix parking lot HWY 21 and Ladys island Dr, at 8, in Ladys Island, SC.