• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M656 and Unimog at home in new shop

sangamon

Here are a few pix of my new shop with my vehicles. The shop is 50x74 with a 14 foot door and 16 foot ceiling. There are also a couple of 12 foot doors.

The shop is just basically complete. Shelves and workbenches and storage and weld area and compressor are yet to come. I have lighting and 15A outlets. The lights are seven rows of five fixtures each with four 4-foot lamps. The lights are on three zones. We used GE RR7 relays for low-voltage lighting control.

I've been driving both vehicles quite a bit. The M656 is more fun each time I drive it. I'm going to have to find a boot for the shift lever, though. I'm exactly the right height that the air blast blows my hat off!

The main road I drive on is less than a mile from the border with Canada. I usually see a US Customs vehicle when I'm driving. They see me driving the Unimog all the time. For some reason, I haven't passed a Customs vehicle in the M656 yet. Hopefully I'll get the same bored, uninterested reaction that I get from the Unimog.

Attachments

Stalwart

That's FANTASTIC Brad! The air might take your hat off but it hit me right in the eyes.

Just don't do what I did and fill the rest of the garage with toys. You still need room to work. I LOVE the new license plate on the old girl!:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks