• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M656 and Unimog at home in new shop

sangamon

Here are a few pix of my new shop with my vehicles. The shop is 50x74 with a 14 foot door and 16 foot ceiling. There are also a couple of 12 foot doors.

The shop is just basically complete. Shelves and workbenches and storage and weld area and compressor are yet to come. I have lighting and 15A outlets. The lights are seven rows of five fixtures each with four 4-foot lamps. The lights are on three zones. We used GE RR7 relays for low-voltage lighting control.

I've been driving both vehicles quite a bit. The M656 is more fun each time I drive it. I'm going to have to find a boot for the shift lever, though. I'm exactly the right height that the air blast blows my hat off!

The main road I drive on is less than a mile from the border with Canada. I usually see a US Customs vehicle when I'm driving. They see me driving the Unimog all the time. For some reason, I haven't passed a Customs vehicle in the M656 yet. Hopefully I'll get the same bored, uninterested reaction that I get from the Unimog.

Attachments

Stalwart

That's FANTASTIC Brad! The air might take your hat off but it hit me right in the eyes.

Just don't do what I did and fill the rest of the garage with toys. You still need room to work. I LOVE the new license plate on the old girl!:beer: