• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m66 ring and related questions

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The weight of ANYTHING, including the ring mount, and legs themselves, they all weight alot. And all that weight comes down on 3 points on the cab. My thoughts are the less driving you do with the least amount of weight up there is good. Mount the ring mount, but if you dont have to drive with any extra weight (the weapon and weapon mount) dont. If your doing a parade, by all means, mount the weapon for the parade. But if it's a 30 mile drive to the next town forthe parade, I'd drive there and back without the stuff mounted. Just my .02.. You need to remember, in the military, if a truck needs a new cab, they put one on. If YOUR truck needs a new cab, it's time and $ YOU need to spend to do it...

CliffW

MilitaryRestoration said:
BFR-I have seen guys interchange the legs and somehow made it work but to make it Mil. spec correct you must have a right front, right rear, and left front. Plus it makes the game of finding them more fun :) ps If you need a set I have a set for sale and they aren't cut up either.

Emmado22What about the 1919 as far as driving around, would be much problem, or should be used as stationary as well?

Ddoyle-I know that they did supply hard tops with openings but where are they? :-/
Is this the top you talking about????????

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=16778

thanks cliff

David_4x4

MilitaryRestoration said:
Emmado22What about the 1919 as far as driving around, would be much problem, or should be used as stationary as well?
Use your travel locks on your cradle and ring as their intended and I wouldnt suspect youd have any troubles driving around on the streets. Ive put numerous miles on my truck with my 60 on the ring, no problems.

If I was constantly offroad, I'd have it removed unless someone was up in the ring.

jwaller

ive put thousands of miles on both the deuce and 5T and both have the ring mount with cradle on them. I do have the reinforcement plate on the rear of the cab.

MilitaryRestoration

Cliff-I believe that is it however that specific one almost looks like it is homemade but I could be wrong.

Everyone else Thank You for info. Will have to get the reinforcing plate on asap and also fix the ring lock ;-)

Jimmy

BFR-I have seen guys interchange the legs and somehow made it work but to make it Mil. spec correct you must have a right front, right rear, and left front. Plus it makes the game of finding them more fun
When I put the M66 on my M62 all I had to work with was three front legs and at the time I couldn't find the correct ones so I used them until I could get the right ones, that has been over a year ago and it works great, I just know they are not right.

Everything fit perfect execpt for two holes on the right rear mount that I redrilled. Most people do not notice the difference. Getting to right ones are still on my list of things to do.

sermis

RE: M66 and related questions

hndrsonj, had some. I picked up 2 and still need to install. Send him a PM, m\he might still have a one left.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks