• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m66 ring and related questions

acetomatoco

Grinding with no safety glasses...tsk tsk.... Nice pix, though..
Although I prefer the older mount with the trolley... A few thousand rounds with MA Deuce and a cab floor covered with spent brass is a fine thing....

DukeNukem

WELL BE STILL MY HEART!!!
That is what the wife and I want on our trucks. Guess we should look for soft tops though, we were looking at hard tops.
We are getting our semi auto's .50's from a real nice guy. James Markley at Allied Armament in Scappose Or. He makes them there on sight.
I'm going to send this link to my other buddies that are also looking to get deuces.

MilitaryRestoration

You can get a semi-1919 that will fit for about 1k$ or a semi m2HB for 10k$.
-Where can I get the 1919 at?

Halftrack-I did use the 'Ti' and if it was you that posted it, Thank You very much! (if not, credit goes to that person instead :) i forget who it was )

Acetomatoco-I'm surprised you were the only one who said that O:) Dad was on me about that right next to me as well...But I made it through, that time anyway...

Maccus- Can't go much lower, with the ammo can brackets, currently I am about 2-3 inches off the top of soft top. With that being said, the ring however is still lower than the cross bows but I dont think that the cradle is too, highly doubt anyway. You'd have to look at your data plate with height of truck with cross bows and go from there. My truck is three hours away from me currently :-/ otherwise I'd take a look and measure for you.

DukeNukem-I have a truck for sale currently and for the right price will sell it with my extra ring mount and legs with cradle. Let me know can either call or pm me. 360 608 6484 I'd like to know more about the guy building the guns anyway....

Thank You everyone for everything! keep posting if you'd like ;-) always appreciated!!

kcimb

MilitaryRestoration said:
!

Ohio rapid fire has some for sale. There's also advanced armaments...and some others. You can even built them yourself if you are so inclined.

www.1919a4.com

Join the boards, stock up on ammo and links, and get a kit!

David_4x4

There's tons of places one can buy a semi 1919 from. Ohio Rapid Fire, Allied Armament, TNW firearms to name a few.

Or if you're in any way mechanically inclined. You could build one.

I'd make sure that if you purchase one, you at least get a copy of the ATF demo approved paperwork from that company just to be safe.

dabtl

Life is full of challenges. You can do it. Just put your mind to it. You got a deuce. That shows you are adventuresome and a risk taker. Good luck.

sermis

I modified my hard top with a hatch to access the ring. I think there are some better PIC's in my other posts if you want to search. I will try to get better PIC's.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1919A4 will be 1K min if you buy it, could easily go over 2K depending on manufacturer. Definately better to build. Go to 1919A4.com and do research. Try coles distributing for kits and sam alvarez for plates. Fun to build. :wink:

David_4x4

how much am i looking at to spend if i were to build myself? where would i get parts, from same sources or other and is it very difficult...?
I've heard of people being in a semi 1919 for under a$1k. But I dont know what parts kits are going for right now plus a sideplate etc.

David_4x4

So whats better....1919 in a .308 or .306
Which ever is easier on the wallet ammo wise.

Nothing is cheap these days. .308 is the most expensive route. 39 caliber can still be found for marginal deals. Could also opt for 8mm, but I dont know what those prices are at. I know a lot of that surplus has dried up also.

halftrack

Go 8mm. Cheap ammo and easy to convert back to .30-06' .308 is the most expensive on the market and CMP has good deals right now on .30-06' (or least they did).

kcimb

You can get lots of 8mm cheap from Sportsmansguide or pretty much any surplus place.

Problem is, it's corrosive, so when you are done shooting shoot some windex down your barrel and clean with lots of hot, soapy water.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Regarding some of the comments above -

The army did supply some hard tops with openings to access the ring mount.

Shoop's replica fifty has to be held to be believed (seeing won't make you believe it)

Regards,
David

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shoops M2 replica is GREAT, but I would not advise mounting it and rolling down the road. The shocks and vibrations that the deuce crates will rattle it apart. The quality is top notch, but it is for stationary use only in my opinion. Heck, even some of the real M2HB's I used in the Army couldnt handle the vibrations....

MilitaryRestoration

BFR-I have seen guys interchange the legs and somehow made it work but to make it Mil. spec correct you must have a right front, right rear, and left front. Plus it makes the game of finding them more fun :) ps If you need a set I have a set for sale and they aren't cut up either.

Emmado22What about the 1919 as far as driving around, would be much problem, or should be used as stationary as well?

Ddoyle-I know that they did supply hard tops with openings but where are they? :-/