• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M747 destroyed by crooks

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I feel your pain, went to fire up my M818 this afternoon to do PMCS prior to going to pu my M146 trailer at GL and found my batteries gone and the cables cut! What really burns me is I had just replaced the cable ends with the wing nut type to make switching batteries between trucks easier and they still cut the ends off. Guess I will pull batteries and lock them up inside from now on.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Outrageouse

I saw that and FELT pain!..We all want you to have justice served and be compensated. Check on that VIDEO SOONEST. And a description should help track the "van". The GAS will have come from an "interstate supplier". A clients list would be interesting, (Revealing?).

I would look to implement my "orriginal mission" and have that Kneck Re-Fabricated at the hieght you had envisaged.

Zout has GOOD comment. As does TedKorpi. A New Kneck (if you do not re-posses the cut off one) (Can be fabricated, inserts fitted )) The complete Unit then Welded to Correct and certified standards for your usage.

The achievement of this "new alteration" to your satisfaction will make you have that "satisfied / (alternate Mission accomplished" feeling.

We over the pond wish you well and Sincerely look forward to viewing Pictures of your project initiation, progress, and completion.

All my trailers are insured and relevent plates noted to the insurance company.

Last edited:

Ripcord01

people don't care about any others property anymore.. I know how you feel. I had my truck tires slahed on Christmas eve and then again on the charger the day after. People just suck..

Varyag

It seems like you are taking it well at least and doing the right steps. The more info you can give the police the better. Sounds like these people already have a good record. Getting them caught with this should put them away for a long time.

How much do you suppose they got in scrap for it anyway?? Like 400 maybe? Some people's kids.

Varyag

Get that video QUICKLY.

Those video recorders only hold a few days video, at most 10 days or so. Then the old video gets overwritten.

If you don't get it copied ASAP, it will be gone.
Most guidelines state that if you are recording you have to hold the data for 30 days just for stuff like this. I just had to add a few terabytes to my work camera server for this reason.

However, it isn't always followed well so this is VERY sound advise.

3dAngus

That's horrible. I hope you get him. A few notes...

Video from retailers on theft or otherwise is very hard to get. Most retailers in Ga. and S.C. will only let a police investigator review it unless you are a close personal friend. And you may have to visit the police investigators several times to get them to go review the film.

Modern security systems can hold video for up to six months now days. Even my son has a six camera system at his home with six months worth of recording data. If he has an old VHS system, that's different. And if the cop doesn't get the recordings soon, it could be overwritten as indicated earlier.

Personally, if given a choice, I think I would be more happy to see him put in jail if he did this to me, then to take his Daddy's money and see him run free. I would get a great deal more satisfaction that way. It's sad choices have to be made of that nature. The judge could order him to pay, but it would take years based on prison pay.

DeucesWild11

Sorry to see this happen to you.. People are just stupid.. they couldn't have gotten that much $$ scrap from regular steel.. Unless they wanted that specifically for something..I had some young kids try and steal some scrap metal off my property and my neighbor called the cops.. They took the galvanized steel and left the copper right next to it.. Until the penalties get steeper it will just get worse.. They need to make jail a worse place to be..:mad:

mdcarriers

Thanks for all the kind comments. I learned a long time ago not to stoop to the criminals level because that will make you just as bad. I am just going let the detective work the case and see what happens. I sent him a bunch of pictures of non-metal items that was taken along with the metal and a list of people that may have info. You just never know what little thing will make the case. I was told the video system stores the images for several months and the detective will viewing the tapes today of tomorrow. We will see what happens.

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

That is such a shame that someone did that.
I hope when the people that did it get caught, I hope they get the needle..
(aka lethal injection..)

Good night,

CJ

100acre

torch

If this guy doesnt beg fogivness of the Lord I hope that for eternity Satan cuts off each appendage individually slowly with a sputtering torch or maybe a candle

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Video from retailers on theft or otherwise is very hard to get. Most retailers in Ga. and S.C. will only let a police investigator review it unless you are a close personal friend. And you may have to visit the police investigators several times to get them to go review the film.
I wonder why they are so stingy with it? If I owned a store I would be more than happy to help catch a crook.

I hope the OP has better luck with the cops than we do around here. We've had rampant theft at our place of business and have had no help from the cops. They will come out and write a report and that's about it.

100acre

visual death to crackheads

for all of you suffering the siege of thieving bastards . Harbor frieght sell surveilance camera setups for cheap. too bad this isnt the old west I'd just go hunting

Kaiserjeeps

That takes the stolen cake of cakes. Good luck with the video. Great attitude also. This will give you a chance to fab up something that works better for you. Cutting up a guys restoration. That is something.
Our area is having some pretty big problems also. We now have some game cameras up on our road with signs. The ones we suspect are known crankers.
Are all these crankers and heroin and pill addicts the "zombies" we keep hearing about over and over again? They are starting to do some pretty stupid things.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks for all the kind comments. I learned a long time ago not to stoop to the criminals level because that will make you just as bad. I am just going let the detective work the case and see what happens. I sent him a bunch of pictures of non-metal items that was taken along with the metal and a list of people that may have info. You just never know what little thing will make the case. I was told the video system stores the images for several months and the detective will viewing the tapes today of tomorrow. We will see what happens.
In the past, criminals, especially thieves that I have dealt with have learned that I am NOT as bad as thay are, I AM WORSE :twisted:. WAR on crime as with any war means meeting the EMENY on there OWN terms and being better at it [thumbzup]. If you come to a gun fight, make sure you have the BIGGEST, BADDEST gun :-D

Last edited:

supermechanic

Ingenuity of thieves sometimes boggles the mind.
Case in point, Two years back, during a driving snow storm, a group of thieves cut the radiators from 4 of my trucks, also took my set of cutting torches.
$27,000 damage, for maybe 1500 pounds of copper.
Same night, another contractor 10 miles distant had a similar loss.
Police alerted scrap yards in the area, still no closure.

Flyingvan911

The middle east does it right (atleast in the case of theives). They realize theft is a choice and they discourage it with a stiff penalty. The only way to avoid the penalty is to not commit the crime in the first place. Now that's justice at work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks