• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M756 Pipeline Bed install /redneck engineering

houdel

Joel - Your mechanical skills are at the best, shall we say, CRUDE! You really need to attend Bjorn's Blue Ridge Mountains School of Automotive Etiquette!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He mightna got some of that redneck engineering from my promptin. Joel, check yer fingers and yer toes. If ya got all of them you did good. Next? Back up on barrels for the install. That wretched old bed is looking pretty good man.

houdel

Ken - what are you doing up at 1:00 am posting on the board? Don't you have a life? Or is this your life?

BTW, what did you think of the Budd Wheel socket I sent you?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Lee, since you asked, just opened the socket as it arrived today in my absence. Love it, thank you very much. As far as posting at 0100, just like 1900 to me. I work afternoons and just got home at midnite. Hopefully I'll be going back to midnights soon and then you really see me in here at weird hours.

Opie

Aha! You're one of the guys I talk to when I can't give my patients a med on a P shift because Bill Gates and Siemens have conspired against me!

m.walker

If this was truly redneck where is the ductape and bailing wire , also no one around for you to tell " watch this " ? Sounded to me like a well thought out plan ( but then again I'm nuts )!

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
advanced redneck engineering II

finished installing it today...
All I did was grind off the heads of some interefering rivets (I will replace them with bolts later), and move the bed about 2" forward from where I left it yesterday.
I also installed the under bed toolbox.

Attachments

TacticalTruck

I can't believe you get away with this in your neighborhood, maybe they are well disguised trailers but the homes look waaaaay to nice for army trucks.
I'm in the middle of the woods and my neighbor hates me.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
TacticalTruck said:
I can't believe you get away with this in your neighborhood, maybe they are well disguised trailers but the homes look waaaaay to nice for army trucks.
I'm in the middle of the woods and my neighbor hates me.

this was when the bed got to me... Robert Miller in his deuce, Bjorn in the cranetruck, and Ron in his 73 M819. The way I see I can park 6 trucks (deuces or five tons) before I start to block traffic.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Geez, I park my M35 in my DRIVEWAY and I get in trouble with the city. I ignored the $100 'administrative fee'. So they sent me a bill for a $500 'administrative fee'. I will ignore that one also. I'm going for the big money, the $1000 'administrative fee'. Then I will sue the city.