• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M800 Garwood 20k winch on a 2.5 ton? Will it fit?

Frederickcox

Does anyone have experience installing a m800 20k winch on a deuce and a half? It is actually for a 5 ton. Is the frame spacing and frame size the same? Is the distance from the t/c to the winch the same, I believe the t/c is the same, a Spicer unit so hopefully the pto will bolt up. These and many other questions have I. Basically wondering if I should bid/ buy this complete winch setup for a 5 ton.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site!
It will kind of fit, but not well at all. The frame on a 5 ton is taller than on a deuce so you’ll need to make brackets and extensions. The input on the winch is on the opposite (passenger) side from a deuce. The driveshaft is different, controls are different, PTO is different too. Also if you’re on stock 9.00x20 tires they’ll technically be overloaded with the extra weight if I remember right.
Most people will say don’t bother trying it, just look for the correct deuce stuff. Maybe you could try trading the 5 ton parts for the 2.5 ton parts if you get them for a decent price.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
There is a complete winch setup in the classifieds for a deuce. You will get beat down trying to make all the parts work/fit/ and find trying to make the 5ton setup work.

Also a few people here had some 18K electric winches for sale. Would be the easiest bet and less work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks